Maverick EO "Auto" mode redundant...?

Go to solution Solved by Furiz,

Not complaiing, just trying to understand the new changes that @Wags discussed in this post. To be clear, it does seem that I can get it working based on the method that Wags explained in this post:

However it would appear that this means the "Auto" mode for hand off from the TGP to the Maverick is now redundant, am I understanding that correctly?

i7700k OC to 4.8GHz with Noctua NH-U14S (fan) with AORUS RTX2080ti 11GB Waterforce. 32GDDR, Warthog HOTAS and Saitek rudders. HP Reverb.

Right you are, I should have titled this post with a different heading. I meant to refer to the D model (IR). I use them in a mission to take out tanks and they’ve started working the same way a described above and it would appear that Auto makes no difference, where as before it was a pre requisite to get a correlated lock (“C” above the pylon station displaying on the MAV page. 

i7700k OC to 4.8GHz with Noctua NH-U14S (fan) with AORUS RTX2080ti 11GB Waterforce. 32GDDR, Warthog HOTAS and Saitek rudders. HP Reverb.

TGP to MAV handoff now moves SOI to WPN, which I can't comprehend how that makes anything easier or better since you can launch mavs while TGP is SOI and the WPN window is trash for finding targets (terrible zoom).

This was a huge downgrade and complicates what used to be a trivial procedure.

Edited by Sn0wMan4

I guess that the rationale may be, once you find the vicinity with thenTGP, then you can keep selecting things with the MAV sight. Of course in practice this is ridiculous given the size of images on the MAV display. 

I’d like to know how the real one works. It does seem odd to have this set up. 

• Like 1

On 2/27/2024 at 4:46 AM, Willie Nelson said:

I guess that the rationale may be, once you find the vicinity with thenTGP, then you can keep selecting things with the MAV sight. Of course in practice this is ridiculous given the size of images on the MAV display. 

I’d like to know how the real one works. It does seem odd to have this set up. 

I am also curious, since this has changed and the prior implementation has been intact for two plus years. 

If this is the correct way I am happy to also learn this new method. But want to confirm that it is intended to work this way Feb 2024 and going forward. 

i7-11800H @ 2.30GH | 16Gb 3200MHz | GeForce RTX 3060 | Samsung 1TB SSD | KINGSTON 520GB SSD