Autopilot Working?

dresoccer4

I haven't flown the Gazelle since the big FM update that also broke the AP. But I'm starting to get back into DCS so was just checking to see if all of the AP functions are restored and working again? thanks

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

On 2/28/2024 at 2:10 AM, dresoccer4 said:

I haven't flown the Gazelle since the big FM update that also broke the AP. But I'm starting to get back into DCS so was just checking to see if all of the AP functions are restored and working again? thanks

As far as I can tell, AP altitude and AP speed are not working. AP hover and AP auto slave (does not work for Athos) kind of work in that the Gazelle is stable for a while, then for reasons unknown to me, it just goes crazy on its own with pitch and roll oscillation (but might still hold its position in the air) or you might find your Gazelle upside down esp after using auto slave too much. In all, I feel it's much worse than what we had to go through with the Apache.  

Edited by GrEaSeLiTeNiN
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64

4 hours ago, GrEaSeLiTeNiN said:

As far as I can tell, AP altitude and AP speed are not working. AP hover and AP auto slave (does not work for Athos) kind of work in that the Gazelle is stable for a while, then for reasons unknown to me, it just goes crazy on its own with pitch and roll oscillation (but might still hold its position in the air) or you might find your Gazelle upside down esp after using auto slave too much. In all, I feel it's much worse than what we had to go through with the Apache.  

ah that's a huge bummer. i've been really looking to try out the Gazelle again because I saw there have been a million updates to it. but i used the AP functions a lot in the past, so gonna wait until those get fixed before trying to re-learn all her systems. 

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

8 hours ago, dresoccer4 said:

ah that's a huge bummer. i've been really looking to try out the Gazelle again because I saw there have been a million updates to it. but i used the AP functions a lot in the past, so gonna wait until those get fixed before trying to re-learn all her systems. 

There was not a long list of updates to it, mostly exterior textures, athos, liveries and AI gunner. Granted that might be a lot of work still. But the main issue to me has been the broken AP which can mess up the FM. That was not listed in the update. 

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4

On 2/29/2024 at 12:50 AM, GrEaSeLiTeNiN said:

There was not a long list of updates to it, mostly exterior textures, athos, liveries and AI gunner. Granted that might be a lot of work still. But the main issue to me has been the broken AP which can mess up the FM. That was not listed in the update. 

Positive I read somewhere that the AP won't be revisited until after the Kiowa release. Pretty sure they're gonna use the same code. And that makes sense. 

On 2/28/2024 at 6:50 PM, GrEaSeLiTeNiN said:

i mean there have been a million updates since last I've flown her, including a complete FM overhaul. that was also the same update they removed the AP last august 

• 1 month later...

Lots of stuttering on take off . Maybe the dust cloud . Causing frame drops. Went into hover lined up on Target then heli loose control fall to earth .

I not sure about this , has the last patch broken it . Any one . 

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

4 hours ago, KoN said:

Went into hover lined up on Target then heli loose control fall to earth .
I not sure about this , has the last patch broken it . Any one . 

Check if this thread helps.

• Thanks 1