Wings rip off with passing through wake turbulence

Shik

I was able to duplicate this pretty consistently using the 1v1 SU30 BFM Mission on the persian gulf.

It is easiest to replicate by getting into a flat scissors but I have also duplicated it by a close overshoot.

I was also able to "solve" the issue by turning off wake turbulence.

Attached are two track files showing the wings coming off and one track file with wake turblence turned off where you can see me make it through no problem. Also included tacviews of the two tracks where I lost my wings.

WingsOff2.trk NoWakeTurbulence.trk NoWakeTurbulence.trk Tacview-WingOff2.acmi WingsOff.trk

Haven't looked at your tracks...but just a couple thoughts:

- Try creating a fresh mission from scratch. There seem to be some weird things going on with stock/older missions.

- Are you pulling the paddle switch in your turns and over-g'ing? If so, don't. 🙂

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

I will give a custom mission a shot sometime today,

52 minutes ago, wilbur81 said:

- Are you pulling the paddle switch in your turns and over-g'ing? If so, don't. 🙂

Nope.  I am not a paddle user and g-loading was one of the first things I checked.

9 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

I will ask the team to take a look at this. 

thank you 

The wake turbulence issues are legit.  Myself and another guy were on the USLANCOM server behind the tanker and the jet was a handful trying to plug into the drogue.  Pitch sensitivity was very high when in the wake of the KC-135.  I've been flying the hornet since it came out and I've got hundreds of tanks on servers.  It is much more difficult to maintain pitch control.  Today I was flying with a guy and we did a fan break.  As he rolled in behind me and lowered his flaps and gear, the jet suddenly departed with no warning, rolled off, then pitched down violently and crashed into the ground from about 800 feet.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

if you have short track replay examples please attach them. thanks

It says it is too big.  I gave it to Strike earlier today so I think he is going to pass it along.  Here is a video clip though.

IMG_6637.mov

Edited by lboothby

• 3 weeks later...

I'm happy it's finally reported, since it's been happening for years (also, it's not limited to the Hornet: I had it happen in the Mirage 2000 as well).

• Like 1
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset