Swapping Joystick Bases keeping Stick: Any way to keep the bindings?

Hi everyone,

I have all my stuff in DCS mapped to a Virpil WarBRD base + TM F-15E stick. Is there any way to seamlessly 'move' the bindings and axis if I switch the base to a Virpil MongoostCM3 base and the same stick?

Thanks

Pentium II 233Mhz | 16MB RAM | 14.4kb Modem | 1.44MB Floppy Disk Drive | Windows 3.1 with TM Warthog & TrackIR 5

Hi everyone,
I have all my stuff in DCS mapped to a Virpil WarBRD base + TM F-15E stick. Is there any way to seamlessly 'move' the bindings and axis if I switch the base to a Virpil MongoostCM3 base and the same stick?
Thanks
Interesting question. Rename the config files filename might work. Never considered that scenario.

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

Use something like Joystick Gremlin to emulate the stock kb inputs for all cockpit functions aside from axes. You can assign whatever joy buttons you want to whatever kb strokes you need. Another advantage of doing it this way is if your controls ever get wiped for whatever reason the only thing you have to rebind is axes

Use something like Joystick Gremlin to emulate the stock kb inputs for all cockpit functions aside from axes. You can assign whatever joy buttons you want to whatever kb strokes you need. Another advantage of doing it this way is if your controls ever get wiped for whatever reason the only thing you have to rebind is axes
Not what was asked, and many beybinds doesn't have stock keystrokes, which is a shame, and makes sharing profiles for VoiceAttack, keyboards and Joystick Gremlin a pain.
Using a 3rd party, I would actually choose Joystick Remapper or what it's called, haven't had the need to try it yet.

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

Joystick Profiler is a brilliant utility for managing DCS mappings across multiple aircraft and allows for easily moving mappings between devices.

https://github.com/Holdi601/JoystickProfiler

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

saved games/open beta/config/ input

their should be multiple lua`s for each acft and each throttle and or stick combination. you can remove and save it somewhere the (lua you dont want to use) and place the lua you want to use for the combination stick /throttle 

i always save my lua file incase something happens and I have to revert back 

I9-9900k, 32MB, RTX2070S, 2560x1440 165hz monitor, track IR, Grass Monkey wireless Puck, Virpil T50-CM3,  Winwing Superlibra stick with Hornet and Viper grip, Winwing Orion2 with Hornet, and F15E grip, Winwing PTO, home made 2060 mounts,  Virpill ACE interceptor pedals

Thanks everyone. I'm happy to report that the new Mongoost CM3 base kept the exact same button numbers as the WarBRD base did, so in DCS I just had to map one random bind to the new base, take the .lua name generated for it in the options and simply rename the .lua files that belonged to the WarBRD with the new MongoosT name and ID. All key binds fell perfectly into place.

• Like 2

Pentium II 233Mhz | 16MB RAM | 14.4kb Modem | 1.44MB Floppy Disk Drive | Windows 3.1 with TM Warthog & TrackIR 5

On 3/8/2024 at 7:33 PM, eFirehawk said:

Thanks everyone. I'm happy to report that the new Mongoost CM3 base kept the exact same button numbers as the WarBRD base did, so in DCS I just had to map one random bind to the new base, take the .lua name generated for it in the options and simply rename the .lua files that belonged to the WarBRD with the new MongoosT name and ID. All key binds fell perfectly into place.

It's actually logical, since the base would require no different software if it were to handle all the same grips

• Like 1
  • Intel I5 13600k / AsRock Z790 Steel Legend / Gigabyte RTX3060ti OC 8Gb / Kingston Fury DDR5 5600 64Gb / Adata 960 Max / HP Reverb G2 v2
  • Virpil MT50 Mongoost T50cm Stick, T50 Throttle,  ACE Interceptor Rudder Pedals / WinWing Orion2  18, 18 UFC&HUD / Thrustmaster MFD Cougar / Logitech Flight Panel / VKB SEM V  / DIY Button Box

image.png