SERVER webgui issues follow on from reddit post.

I've been trying to get Dedi Beta Server up and running in anticipation for 'a' phantom phriday so son and I can practise coop before joining  the big wide world servers.

Initially challenge was getting the 'server' to start with serversettings.lua syntax and config. Issue being the file itself and syntax for mission location.

SERVER SHENANIGANS- no server starty : hoggit (reddit.com)

@HC_official has been helpful so far but the thread has become a bit of a mess of info( reddit threw a paddy when I wanted toi insert a long thread ?!?!)  and is hard to get through and I'm throwing the net a bit wider in anticipation of someone pointing out an obvious mistake- hopefully.

@hc_official thanks  for the reddit input trust this thread is a be easier on the eyes and flows better.

the problem- Still cannot connect to the WEBGUI interface - I'm unable to confirm if it's and issue with network stack or DCS stack. 

I've attached the last log for the BETA dedicated server.

I'll number the following points for reference 

1. Start server...

confirm ports attached to correct DCS process PID 34748

image.png

Looks like DCS server has kicked off 8088 and 10308 😄 

2. Checking to see if port 8088 is available for WEBGUI once server started- port 8088  Success

image.png

3. close the server .... and re test to confirm nothing else is listening.

image.png

port 8088 now fails to respond - I think this confirms that the port is NOT in use for other Applications. good./

null4. checking to see what ports are listening on the Starlink Public address shows that 10308 is
NOT open. 
Which I don't think is an issue as I really only want this server to be internal network facing  private server

5. So, given that the server starts and ports appear to be 'attached' to DCS server correctly  and the firewall rules (from the powershell port test above (2 and 3) show that the port is open I'm a bit stumped....

image.png

6. I've even turned off the Firewall to see if that changed anything - It did not 😞 

7. There are some errors in the log regarding fonts, and other stuff re drag payload..

image.png

BUT... this could be an issue  -Could'nt resolve hostname....????

image.png

or is this  a RED HERRING ?

8. Alternatively, an issues perhaps, http control interface is registered to the external interface ( x'd out for priv)  see below

image.png

9. I've added in an autoexec.cfg webgui port number to see if that effects any change - other than picking uyp the change, nothing as far as connectivity changes - nada.

10. I've changed the 'is public'  to false - no effect in the serversettings.lua

11 changed the bind address to 192.168.1.51 v( client machine) and 127.0.0.1 - no change - still cannot connect to webgui.

12. I've tried different missions without success... but I suppose that until I can actually connect to the WEBGUI I'm in DCS SERVER purgatory...

Any pointers.= ? I'm a bit Stumped on this one.

THx

Piers

dcs.log

Edited by plehmann
hit enter too soon

• plehmann changed the title to SERVER webgui issues follow on from reddit post.

that web interface pic is it from dragging and dropping the webgui file into the browser onto the PC hosting the server ?

file:///D:/games/DCS_dedi_beta/WebGUI/index.html

^ my example of doing this

null

image.png

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

your server is exiting as it cannot seem to connect to ED at least that what the error looked like in the log, maybe change your DNS server to google or cloud fire ?

null

image.png

• Thanks 1

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

Posted (edited)

I changed it to 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8 and starlink  no change I'm afraid... we in the context of that webgui working 😞 

the HTTP error 6 seems to have gone though!

Edited by plehmann

is the server behind a firewall that is blocking out traffic form server also? It's acting really wired to be honest, and never had this situation even with all different host that I try so far....from windows on bare metal, to VM, to third party host like OVH or MS Azure VM.

The only things that comes to my mind, is try to don't use PS test-netconnections since can send unexpected request to the server API, that may stop working for that.
Just check the status with netstat to see if the port is listening or not.

And last stupid question, you've tested different browser to open the local GUI page? I personally use it with Firefox and Chrome, not sure what is going to do with IE/Edge to be honest.

Edited by Maverick87Shaka

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

HI Mav,

interesting point on the PS net test. I'll have a go with just netstat.....-  re browser... I'll try something else.

Well Chrome did not change the issue. BUT.... Drum role 

this got me thinking and I fired up edge again but this time in IN PRIVATE MODE.. badbaoom we have connectivity.

So I'm thinking that either 

Ghostery, Ublock  may well have been the culprit!!!

SOLVED

Appreciate the input from @HC_Official and @Maverick87Shaka 🙂