Skin in 'High Quality' mode

Skypat

Hi,

this skin is from RC_Moose, all credit goes to him

on my side i worked on his original skin to apply some HQ filter and some hand editing.

the goal was to enhance it

here is the result ingame

click on then screenshot to view the full size 1920*1200 (then click 2nd time if it's not in full size)

sky3v.jpg

Edited by Skypat
  • Like 2

Looks good Skypat. :)

For those asking, the original is avail at Lockonfiles. Although I have to say now, looking at that beautiful closeup, there are a few hinges that I forgot to adjust color wise........Ah Layers upon layers upon layers

Amazingly awesome!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ASUS M4A79 Deluxe, AMD Phenom II X4 940@3.5GHz, ATI 6870 1GB, Windows 7 64bit, Kingstone HyperX 4GB, 2x Western Digital Raptor 74GB, Asus Xonar DX Sound Card, Saitek X52 PRO, TrackIR 44: Pro.

• ED Team

Good. :)

But some mistakes are present. (logical and bugs)

PS. Does it use 4096x4096 main textures?

Best Regards, Dmitry.

"Чтобы дойти до цели, надо прежде всего идти." © О. Бальзак

• ED Team
OK. I give up! Where are the mistakes? :dunno:

OK. :)

Just take it properly, don't be angry. :smilewink: (help only)

U2VDGxFn1x.jpg

• Like 2

Best Regards, Dmitry.

for 'errors', like i said, i'am not the author of skins

i have not the skill at all to make skin.

i just worked on Photoshop CS4 droplet to automatize some enhancement on all skins i like most

the goal of this thread is not to know if the skin is realistic or bug free

the goal was to show the texture quality after some photoshop filter ;)

This skin is in 'original' Ka-50 skin size, that's the main interest :)

• ED Team
for 'errors', like i said, i'am not the author of skins

i have not the skill at all to make skin.

NP :)

... deleted

Oups. :)

My bad.

Not Hi-res, but quality. Sorry.

Edited by Laivynas

Best Regards, Dmitry.

ok you edited you post, it's HQ term ;) like you see :D

i think everybody has seen difference

these 'filter' tips are easy, RCN_Moose is now aware about it and will do better than me because he has got the PSD files.

best regards

Skypat

NP :)

Hm... Than I really don't get the reason to call it Hi-res skin. Hi-res usually means greater resolution.

I was working with Ka-50 skin template for some time and there resolution really limits some small elements like seams and rivets. And IMHO no other way to overcome this limitation and increase quality for this small elements and other (tech marks) is not possible (if needed any way - 3D model also don't contain too small detailes, some you can see only in texture, and no bamp this time).

So true Hi-res skin would be hard to make. Ask Coyote or Valery. Valery made a true Hi-res skin for Su-33. It was a very hard job making these seams and rivets.

:)

PS. Yep, original resolution is good - because 4096 is not compatible for all graphic cards currently in use.

Laivynas,

The hinges and rotors shafts were known issues that I simpy haven't gotten around to fixing. The jet intake labels are where they are because I didn't want to overlap with the sidenumbers :)

I'll have to look into the lack of shadows for the engine covers though, that one is a mystery at the moment.

Along with Skypats tips for filtering (thanks) it looks like I'll have to do some tweaking and reissuing :)

• Like 1

• ED Team
You are wrong about the Jet intake symbol. It is in the right place. Look at attached picture of an Actual AH-1z. :smilewink:

I've studied this issue more closely and found this signs were applied only for Cobras.

ah1w-c2.jpg

ah1w-c3.jpg

ah1t-4.jpg

Obvious reason is open engine air inlets.

Same time for example for AH-64 who uses dust protectors I have not seen this kind of marks.

More often this warnings signs appear on air planes. Because they have unprotected air inlets.

Conclusion.

For Ka-50 with dust protectors it's not needed at all.

Edited by Laivynas

Best Regards, Dmitry.