Sporadic lack of thrust or weight issues

Rhrich

Hello again all!

Apologies in advance, I understand it might be difficult to say something definitive about this. 

But, sometimes, I would say perhaps one of every twenty times, the F-14 B suddenly seem to lack a lot of thrust. It's especially noticeable above a30. Is there a known error in the game causing this or perhaps something wrong I've done in installation? 

I've experienced trouble getting a almost slick jet to do 250 ias - even with full reheat. Other times it storms past match 1 without breaking a sweat. 

PS: I've got an extensive background in aviation - assume it's not a "real life" issue.

Hi, thank you for the message. 

That did not cause my problems, but it can indeed cause something similar. And it's potentially dangerous in less powerful aircraft, like many GA planes. 

6 hours ago, Biggus said:

There is sometimes a bug that seems to cause a significant weight increase if your aircraft is delayed for spawning on the boat.

Not that. It comes and goes during a flight.

Seems pretty rare as it seems.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Hello Draconus, 

Thanks a lot. What you're describing is exactly what I experienced. The few times this has happened to me the plane suddenly started slowing, like I was towing a large stone or deployed a drag chute. (For illustration, don't take it literary) 

Do you think the error is still there? I've been in the south the last months, so I haven't played, but it did happen to me sometime not so long ago. Right before or after Christmas perhaps. 

Is there anything I can do to stop it happening again? 

Hate to be that guy, but since some seem to doubt both Draconus and myself: I used to be a pilot and I've got many hours in fast jets. I can assure you what I - and by all accounts him - experienced was not caused by pilot error. 

6 hours ago, Rhrich said:

Do you think the error is still there? I've been in the south the last months, so I haven't played, but it did happen to me sometime not so long ago. Right before or after Christmas perhaps. 

Is there anything I can do to stop it happening again?

I haven't been flying lately either so I can't tell. I explained in my thread that maybe with some Gs I was able to unlock it somehow, idk.

If you manage to reproduce it make sure to save a track and report it.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria