Inquiring minds want to know

Hawkeye60

Inquiring minds want to know

I was sitting and thinking this morn.

I am sure this has been asked before, but here goes,

1) @BIGNEWY What is the origin of your forum tag or Avatar?

A nice Kitty in a flight suit!

2) The same for Nineline and Skate

3) the same for all the DCS Logos, both past and present.

Why a Native American?

Who chooses them?

Committee?

Team decision?

Just interested is all.

Fun Facts for all!

Thanks!

• Like 1

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

This looks very close!

Thanks for sharing!

Would make a nice aircraft Roundel

I await a official answer.

th?id=OIP.SgK8Yp2XlbM8108Pnn1DLAHaDw%26p

th?id=OIP.SmIO2Sv7IcvJlG6U4B6SSwHaDk%26p

th?id=OIP.D4s1NH_FiDEIRAauedtbmAHaHa%26p

• Like 1

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

10 minutes ago, Hawkeye60 said:

This looks very close!

Thanks for sharing!

Would make a nice aircraft Roundel

I await a official answer.

Haha, not very close, it's the very same with small variation. Look for The Fighter Collection (a warbird collection owned by Nick Grey, also owner of ED) and why they use the Lafayette emblem. No secret or hidden meanings there. Everybody knows that in the aviation community.

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Interesting questions about the origins of those forums tags and logos! I'm curious about that stuff too. I don't actually know the specific answers, but I'd guess the avatars and logos were just chosen by the people running those forums and companies because they thought they looked cool. Probably not too deep of a meaning behind it.