Nose down after crossing carrier stern

Topper81
Go to solution Solved by Topper81,

Hello, I noticed that by passing the carriers stern, there seems to be some "turbolences" which lead into a "Grade C 3PTS" touch down.

I never noticed this with the old flight model.

Opton for "wake turbolences" is on, but I don't know if it has to do with this issue and if it was set to on earlier.

I haven't moved the stick so far just before touch down, however in external view, you can see how the FCS is working.

Maybe this is not a bug and I'm doing something wrong, do I have to pull the stick just before touchdown?
Or do I give to late full throttle?

I attached a track file and a video where you can see my explained behaviour.

nose_down_3pts.trk

Edited by Topper81

I have no idea but will be watching this thread. I mostly fly SP user files missions and behavior right at that same point seems to vary widely. I haven't bothered to try to figure is I am trapping on a super carrier or not but something is different.

On 3/11/2024 at 11:47 AM, Topper81 said:

Hello, I noticed that by passing the carriers stern, there seems to be some "turbolences" which lead into a "Grade C 3PTS" touch down.

Opton for "wake turbolences" is on, but I don't know if it has to do with this issue and if it was set to on earlier.

I haven't moved the stick so far just before touch down, however in external view, you can see how the FCS is working.

Maybe this is not a bug and I'm doing something wrong, do I have to pull the stick just before touchdown?

nose_down_3pts.trk 5.17 MB · 1 download

The borked 'burble' is exactly the same as before and dependent on wake turbulence option turned on. Keep on off until the burble is fixed.  

• Like 2

On 3/11/2024 at 8:47 PM, Topper81 said:

nose_down_3pts.trk 5.17 MB · 1 download

Yeah this bug has been around pretty much since the burble was implemented, it's impossible to keep the nose up with it turned on, even full aft stick wont do - so just keep the burble off until its fixed :)

• Like 1

Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

• ED Team

Hi, 

I am not sure there is any bug here, you should expect some burble / downdraft at ramp. 

Edit: 

I have just checked and we do have a report open for tweaking the burble over the deck, but I have no news to share currently 

thank you 

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2