Update original buildings and vehicles

I think most go back to Lock On era...

They could probably fix most with new textures

IF ED are looking for a low level 3d artist to remake them then.... I don't mind...

• Like 4

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

5 hours ago, Blackjack_UK said:

Hi Devs,

Pretty sure some of the civilian vehicles and basic buildings haven't been updated since the original Black Shark, and, um, it shows...

Any chance of giving them some love? 

I don't get it. Are you suggesting that this model is outdated?

Screenshot_20240312_200622_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

8 minutes ago, twistking said:

it has the polycount of a cybertruck.

Now that you mention it 🤔

This must be where Tesla based their design on

tesla-cybertruck-prototype-1.jpg?width=1

All this time, ED has been two steps ahead of us!

• Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

I think ED is slowly refreshing some of the models, but there's so much actual military hardware still in that level of quality that it's probably going to be a while before they get to civilian assets. I hope that the "new product" that high poly AI models will be a part of helps speed that up, though.

5 hours ago, cfrag said:

Yes, the new model comes with an FM antenna and internal audio cassette player pre-installed. 

Heh, I remember those. My father still has a pile of tapes with old sea shanties somewhere in the house. Other classics like Dire Straits, Dzhingis Khan and Goombay Dance Band, as well. 🙂 I remember times when there was always a bunch of those in the glove compartment. Probably all demagnetized by now. Grandma even had a spiffy revolving rack for cassettes, it's probably still stashed somewhere as well.

And yeah, the Cybertruck almost have been designed in that era. To think that not so long ago there were exited ads about how the new generation of cars was so smooth and aerodynamic...