Fully civilian variant / remove cockpit weapon controls

Havner

With the option to remove external hardpoints and/or with an option of "civilian plane" to have a fully civilian variant.

Not only to remove the hardpoints and the sight as it is now but to remove all the other cockpit controls related to weapons. Basically have a variant as would be shipped to a civilian buyer.

interior-details-of-mil-mi-8-helicopter-cockpit-F448CD.jpg

mi8-civil-3.jpg

mi8-civil-1.jpg

mi8-civil-2.jpg

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't think this will happen, unless the Hip receives a general (much needed and wished for by me) overhaul.

Would be nice though to have a proper civilan version.

• Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

4 hours ago, Hiob said:

I don't think this will happen, unless the Hip receives a general (much needed and wished for by me) overhaul.

Would be nice though to have a proper civilan version.

You're probably right. But still posting this in case they ever do such an overhaul which I also think this module deserves the most.

If they do, maybe this forum will be a base for ideas for new things. And hopefully this post will get noticed.

I would really like a Hip v2. That would upgrade the Hip to the level of Hind. Would gladly pay for such an update.

• Like 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Agreed. A by current DCS standards overhauled Hip would be my wet dream……😃

• Like 2

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, just being able to remove that big weapons sytems box in front of the CoPilot (last image above) would be amazing.  That's what I came to post here as my own wishlist item, but you're on the same point as myself.  I love flying the hip in civilian operations and that thing is just a huge view obstruction if you don't need it.