@Reflected, how to do I make a mission for formation flying without the lead making aggressive turns?

I made a couple of practice missions ( F14 AAR and F14 Formation Flying ) to hone my skills before trying Speed and Angels Mission2.  The Tanking mission is fine.  I had to fine tune the waypoints a bit to get the 10 to 20 degree banking turn, but its good enough.  However,  I made the formation flying mission where I'm flying off an AI lead.  In a straight line, things are great, but it reaches the first WP and makes an aggressive 75 to 85 degree bank toward the next WP.  

I've tried making the degree of course change as little as possible hoping to lessen the aggressiveness of the lead's turn, but to no avail.  I have watched Speed and Angels Mission 2 many times and, though the AI lead's turn aren't always gentle, they are certainly much more gentle than my lead's turns.  How did you accomplish this?

System Specs:

AMD 5950X (liquid-cooled), Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Pro Motherboard, 32 GB RAM DDR4 3200MHz, Samsung Evo 970 Plus 2 TB, Seagate 2TB SSD, Geforce RTX 4080 GPU, Rosewill Glacier 1000W Power Supply, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS (Stick, Throttle), Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals, NaturalPoint TrackIR 5 w/ProClip, (1) Vizio 40" 4K Monitor, TPLink Dual Band Wireless Card, Window 11 OS

I looked through the tasks and did not see aerobatics in the list.  Is it somewhere other than in the list?

System Specs:

AMD 5950X (liquid-cooled), Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Pro Motherboard, 32 GB RAM DDR4 3200MHz, Samsung Evo 970 Plus 2 TB, Seagate 2TB SSD, Geforce RTX 4080 GPU, Rosewill Glacier 1000W Power Supply, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS (Stick, Throttle), Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals, NaturalPoint TrackIR 5 w/ProClip, (1) Vizio 40" 4K Monitor, TPLink Dual Band Wireless Card, Window 11 OS

On 3/22/2024 at 3:52 PM, ouseler said:

I looked through the tasks and did not see aerobatics in the list.  Is it somewhere other than in the list?

In case you're still looking for it, it's in Advanced Waypoint Actions > TYPE: Perform Task - ACTION: Aerobatics.

As @Reflected already explained, don't get your hopes up anyway, the roll rate used by the AI is rather unforgiving. Nothing that can't be overcome with stubborn exercise though 😜

image.png

Edited by Picchio