IHADSS alignment in VR results in adding significant error in alignment from default instead of improving (VR Reverb G2

When I perform the alignment of the IHADSS on the deck after a cold start by selecting boresight while the bullseye is centered in the circular reference lense) my IHADSS is thrown way out of correct alignment.  It's off by 20-30 degrees to the left and 40-60 degrees high.  I estimate these errors by turning on PNVS, and comparing the overlay IR view of PNVS to my mark one eyeball in my left eye.

I'm flying in VR (HP Reverb G2).

1 hour ago, SQUIGUKEN said:

by selecting boresight while the bullseye is centered in the circular reference lense

Don't forget, the LOS reticle on the IHADSS (the cross in the middle) also has to be centered on the bullseye, while the bullseye is centered in the tube.  Is that what you mean?

2 hours ago, Floyd1212 said:

Don't forget, the LOS reticle on the IHADSS (the cross in the middle) also has to be centered on the bullseye, while the bullseye is centered in the tube.  Is that what you mean?

I've seen so many articles on this, I don't know what to believe anymore.  many claim that the bullseye doesn't need to be centered in the tube, just the IHADSS cross.  

Do you know of a repeatable way to prove which procedure actually works?   (I also have a G2)

i7-11700F  64GB RAM  RTX3060  WIN 10Pro  HP Reverb G2  TM Cougar & Logitech X56

• ED Team
23 minutes ago, Gunslinger52 said:

I've seen so many articles on this, I don't know what to believe anymore.  many claim that the bullseye doesn't need to be centered in the tube, just the IHADSS cross.

What does the DCS AH-64D Early Access Guide say?

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

• ED Team

I am using the reverb G2 and I am not seeing any problem. 

I get in the cockpit, first thing I do is look forward and numpad 5 to make sure my headset is in the correct orientation. 

Start the bird and boresight IHADSS. 

Please include a track replay showing the issue so we can look for clues 

thank you  

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

On 3/22/2024 at 11:16 AM, Raptor9 said:

What does the DCS AH-64D Early Access Guide say?

DM me if you would like a discussion on this. 

I have attempted to hold open and frank discussions before (trying to keep it light), only to be warned off honesty by a member of your team.

Have a good Easter. 

i7-11700F  64GB RAM  RTX3060  WIN 10Pro  HP Reverb G2  TM Cougar & Logitech X56

Sorry, what I was describing was the correct way to do it in 2D, which is also how it is shown in the manual.

image.png

I was only pointing out to the OP that not only do you have to get your head on-axis with the BRU (bullseye pattern centered), but you also have to have the HMD looking straight down the tube (LOS reticle aligned with the bullseye).  In his original post, it wasn't clear he was achieving both of these at the same time.

VR users that render the IHADSS in both eyes do run into trouble getting things properly aligned.  There are other threads that discuss techniques for this, including the "cross-eyed" method.