JTAC Utilization for DCS Campaigns/Missions

Rockerverb08

Hi all, 

I hope this post finds everyone well.  I'm not really a big-time poster here on the forums, so apologies if this post is in the wrong area or not the right thread.

With the pending releases of the Afghanistan and Iraq maps and the introduction of Global War on Terrorism ground unit participants (insurgents, insurgent-type vehicles, etc.), I wanted to offer my experiences as a USMC JTAC to any of those who are looking to get a more realistic experience with JTACs in their campaigns, missions, or even to Eagle Dynamics (who I'm sure have a long list of individuals with a wealth of knowledge regarding this topic).  While DCS does an okay implementation of an AI JTAC, it leaves a lot to be desired.  Ranging from Air Control Measures, actual communications and their meaning, the execution of the 12-step process for CAS, rotary wing 5-lines, to Gunship/Apache Call for Fire, I'd be more than happy to advise on the implementation of such unit types to get the highest level of immersion.  Having completed my first campaigns (FIWOS and Debden Eagles Campaigns) and seeing how much room there is for customization and scripting, I think there could be a lot to explore with JTAC implementation within campaigns and missions.

I'm sure there are more JTACs/TACPs/CCTs in the community that would also be willing to chime in, but I figured I'd get the ball rolling as I haven't found any sort of posts for advisement/implementation. 

In short, I'm here to help the DCS community get the most immersive experience when flying campaigns and missions.  Let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Thank you for your time and happy flying!

• Like 4

You can contact campaign creators from here:

https://forum.dcs.world/forum/113-dlc-campaigns/

or offer your help here:

https://forum.dcs.world/forum/79-mission-editor/

I'm sure some squads could also invite you as a human JTAC in MP.

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria