Could the kneeboard resize function maintain aspect ratio, please?

SMH

Could the kneeboard resize function maintain aspect ratio, please?

I can't believe that anyone would intentionally want to squish it, but maybe provide an option for those who do? Or a modifier key or alternate mouse button to drag the resize cursor with. Like how Photoshop does it on the selection resize transformation.

• Like 3

Yes. And maintain the size when the game or module is restarted. 

• Like 1

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

Posted (edited)
On 3/23/2024 at 9:30 AM, SharpeXB said:

Yes. And maintain the size when the game or module is restarted. 

Oh, right! Spawn again and it's back to normal. (At least that gives me a workaround to get it back to 1:1. Please don't fix one without fixing the other!)

I just noticed the page UP/DN GUI buttons in the lower right corner don't seem to do anything either. They do change the page counter immediately below them, but don't actually change the page. (I always use the square bracket keybinds for paging through the kneeboard so never noticed until now. Using them seems to resync the counter back to the actual page you're viewing.)

Wait a second... there's also left and right arrow buttons in the lower left corner that DO change the pages and the page counter. What are UP/DN for then and why do they put the page counter out of sync with the page you're actually viewing?

I can't really see why anyone would want to distort any of the kneeboard content. (And if you really did you could just edit the image files.) So why not show the image with a fixed 1:1 aspect ratio and put up a vertical or horizontal scroll bar when the frame isn't sized to fit. They we'd also see easily when we have the frame aspect set right (though it won't matter so much as the image will never be distorted).

I also see what looks like a horizontal scrollbar at the bottom of the kneeboard with a thumb (the part you drag) about 90% full, but it doesn't interact in any way - I can't drag it. What's that?

What a mess!

Edited by SMH
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, SMH said:

I just noticed the page UP/DN GUI buttons in the lower right corner don't seem to do anything either. They do change the page counter immediately below them, but don't actually change the page. (I always use the square bracket keybinds for paging through the kneeboard so never noticed until now. Using them seems to resync the counter back to the actual page you're viewing.)

That's maybe for the kneeboard SHORTCUTS?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

What are those? Oh... you mean it'll take me through my pinned "tabs"? That makes sense (except it still shouldn't interact with the page counter). Testing... 

Nope. Pinned a couple of pages and they still do nothing (except make the page counter show the wrong page).

Dare I try RTFMing? Taking a look but I won't be surprised if this new stuff isn't in there... 

(Annnnd... the user manual hasn't been updated since Oct 2022. Sigh... )

Edited by SMH

On 3/26/2024 at 4:12 AM, SMH said:

They do change the page counter immediately below them, but don't actually change the page.

It's just one of those little things that are never mentioned in the change logs. It reorders the pages, actually. So what you actually see when the number changes, is the new page number for the current page. 😉

• Thanks 1

I still can't figure out how I'm supposed to use it. How am I supposed to know what page it's moving the page to? (Like, other than if I just happen to know the number I want to move it to?)

So random!

I still can't figure out how I'm supposed to use it. How am I supposed to know what page it's moving the page to? (Like, other than if I just happen to know the number I want to move it to?)

So random!
I guess you browse to the page you want to move, and then move it. Would be more useful if the settings were saved if you ask me.

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

+1 YES PLEASE for the aspect ratio! My eyeballs routinely turn from spheres into spheroids when I'm looking at such distorted kneeboards. It hurts!

Had it been a wild wish topic, I'd have added here a kind request to replace "Make shortcut" command with "Toggle shortcut". Not for the first time, by the way.
You know, Baltic Dragon likes looong missions, oh yes he does! 🙂 Some other campaign creators like it looong, too. At some point in the long mission you're done with certain "bookmarked" pages and new ones become important, you kind of enter a new "stage" of the mission. Currently you can press a shortcut to, well... make a shortcut, but you have to grab a mouse to delete it. Not entirely logical if you ask me. Oh, and grabbing mice is sick! 😉 

Edited by scoobie
  • Like 1

i7-8700K 32GB 2060(6GB) 27"@1080p TM Hawg HOTAS TPR TIR5 SD-XL 2xSD+ HC Bravo button/pot box