F/A-18 A-A radar not working??

aztec01
Go to solution Solved by AegisFX,

A/A mode on
2 bar/140 deg sweep, interleaved
A/A weapon selected with appropriate HUD display
Size/RCS appropriate
TDC bound to TM HOTAS, WEAPONS to TM Warthog

In RWS, the radar rarely detects much less acquires airborne targets.  When it does (as it did ONCE during the tutorial) as soon as I slew to it to lock it up, the track disappears forever.  I have had occasional luck in ACM  but literally, I could be flying up the target butt and radar doesn't detect.
Fox 3's worked in MADDOG, but no luck in BVR tracking. Fox 2's worked in ACM. At this point not sure where the problem is.  RWS doesn't work in game, and the keybinds failed, as did the keyboard binds.  Any ideas? Thanks in advance.  

The binds/radar work fine in FC-3 jets.  Having intermittent radar issues with the Falcon. but able to work with it via DL

Edited by aztec01
Posted before finished

4 minutes ago, Hobel said:

Hm.  And what's the problem?

First of all, I uploaded it before I was finished (Fumble thumbs) I have added the relevant info since.  Sorry!

• Solution

I'm not exactly great at explaining or troubleshooting but I want to help.

Were you only looking at the attk rdr page? I would suggest you have the az/el page going as well. It would help show the sort of "cone" for your radar view.

Otherwise:

Radar on

A2A mode

Make sure it's looking at the right altitude.

*Are you approaching directly from their 180°? If so, see if things change if you come behind them at a bit of an offset angle. Like having them to your front 1-3 o'clock area.

Good luck. If you figure it out please let me know 

• Like 1

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill:

Post a track because otherwise everyone is strictly guessing.  There are a number of things (altitude setting, PRF setting etc) that can prevent you from locking and someone will spot that in 1/2 the time it takes to list all the possibilities.

• Like 1

@Hobel,@AegisFX,@rob10

Thanks you for taking the time to respond.  I THINK, I have it figured out now...well, it's working at least. 

I checked the AZ/LE page and that helped me immensely in making sure the target was in cone.  I rechecked my keybinds and axis tunes. rebound the TDC depress to my HOTAS, and boned up on the FA-18 Link 16.  Biggest change I made to my "testing" scenario was to start in the air instead of from parking hot (for a shorter trk file). Voila!

I can now detect and track in all modes.  Will do more ground testing and see if that may be glitched somehow.  But, for the moment 👍 👍

Thanks again for taking a look at this.      -Michael