Pico Connect App

Vector1

Anyone been able to get Pico Connect app working in DCS , without it DCS crashing ? if so help would be appreciated.

Metabox Laptop i9 13900HX, RTX 4060, 32GB 4800 MHz DDR4 RAM, 2GB SSD, Pico4 VR Headset WinWing Orion 2 Hotas, F15E Strike Eagle handles, F16EX Viper Joystick.

You using wireless connection, isn't pico connect in beta stage , and is steamVR still running. 

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

Posted (edited)

Hi , found the problem , was running XRNS , that's why it was crashing when loading mission , even though Pico Connect uses OpenXR , it still uses SteamVR , so XRNS is not compatible with Steam ! , without XRNS running it works OK. I am going to try VRNS to see if that works with Pico Connect , Also as a comparison with Virtual Desktop  I use Godlike, getting similar results with same settings in DCS, only difference is Pico Connect hasn't got Godlike , I use Ultra in that .  PS I noticed Pico Connect only uses half the Wi-Fi Bandwidth Virtual Desktop does?

Edited by Vector1
add text

Metabox Laptop i9 13900HX, RTX 4060, 32GB 4800 MHz DDR4 RAM, 2GB SSD, Pico4 VR Headset WinWing Orion 2 Hotas, F15E Strike Eagle handles, F16EX Viper Joystick.

Caveat: Pico Connect "ultra" is the same resolution as Virtual Desktop "high" (2560x2560 per eye). It is possible to redefine Pico Connect resolution by editing a (big) config file but when set on par with Virtual Desktop higher resolutions, performance in DCS is not as good. Connect is a big improvement on Streaming Assistant, especially with regard to useability, but regarding performance in DCS it is still behind Virtual Desktop.

Edited by mrsylvestre

5800X3D - 6950XT - Pico 4

I couldn't get it to run DCS at all. I'll try disabling the open XR layers. Maybe XRNS is the issue for me too. 

5800x3drtx407064Gb 3200: 1Tb NVME: Pico 4: Rift S: Quest Pro

Have you got SteamVR installed , Also I use SkateZilla's updater app to auto open SteamVR , before DCS opens When I open  Steam from inside Pico Connect desktop I can't get DCs to open. Hope that helps .

1 hour ago, Diminou31700 said:

My pico 4 is no longer playing DCS 😵‍💫

Using Virtual Desktop with VDXR or SteamVR, i have only a Bigscreen but not the fullscreenVR.

Screenshot_VirtualDesktop.Android_2024.04.01-23.06.12.547_638.jpeg

Screenshot_VirtualDesktop.Android_2024.04.01-23.04.57.882_206.jpeg

A couple of things here that might be the problem. 

1) You have enabled the AV-1 codec which is Q3 only 

2) Your load screen is for the ST/open VR version. Since the MT and open XR version the load screen is messy and fragmented.

3) Please tell me you are not running W98🤣

If you are trying to run open VR then that might be the issue. 

The codec Works fine before the DCS update but i change it to HEVC to try.

I launch DCS from the directory DcS/bin-mt tonight but still thé issue.

Of course not I run windows 11 but my windows 98 desktop, it is so fun   lot of people dont Care about my 32 screen curved but they are fascinating with this pictures. 🤩

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Oceandar , no advantage , it is free , and trying to compare Pico Connect visuals to Virtual Desktop, also I have found , Wi-Fi bite rate is only half of Virtual Desktops , so it might be advantageous for people that don't have Router/Modem right next to them , Like me who had to buy another modem , and run Ethernet through a wall to get the 1200 mbps that Virtual Desktop requires for the best outcome! Vector1

On 3/29/2024 at 11:34 PM, Vector1 said:

Have you got SteamVR installed , Also I use SkateZilla's updater app to auto open SteamVR , before DCS opens When I open  Steam from inside Pico Connect desktop I can't get DCs to open. Hope that helps .

please read

4 hours ago, Diminou31700 said:

Edited by Vector1
delete quote

On 4/2/2024 at 8:16 PM, Qcumber said:

A couple of things here that might be the problem. 

1) You have enabled the AV-1 codec which is Q3 only 

2) Your load screen is for the ST/open VR version. Since the MT and open XR version the load screen is messy and fragmented.

3) Please tell me you are not running W98🤣

If you are trying to run open VR then that might be the issue. 

Dummy question when IAM in VDXR do i need also to install openXR on my PC?

4 minutes ago, Diminou31700 said:

Dummy question when IAM in VDXR do i need also to install openXR on my PC?

The simple answer is no. You don't need to install open xr. Open xr is an API; an interface between DCS and VD. 

You might be referring to open xr toolkit maybe? This is a useful add on for fine tuning but not necessary. 

3 hours ago, jungleboy123 said:

ok i cant get it to work. Launch Pico Connect > Launch SteamVR > Pick MT Steam VR > Result = DCS in desktop mode within SteamVR....

Works fine in non MT but laggy.

Hello, how do you "pick MT in Steam VR"?

7 hours ago, Diminou31700 said:

Hello, how do you "pick MT in Steam VR"?

i click the dcs icon in the steamVR home and it comes up with something like "further options" cant fully recall, then you can choose what to launch it as. 

Unfortunately i accidentally asked steam to launch MT by default so i have no idea how to pick anymore!

On 3/26/2024 at 12:56 AM, Vector1 said:

Anyone been able to get Pico Connect app working in DCS , without it DCS crashing ? if so help would be appreciated.

ok i cant get it to work. Launch Pico Connect > Launch SteamVR > Pick MT Steam VR > Result = DCS in desktop mode within SteamVR....

Do you know fix?

49 minutes ago, jungleboy123 said:

i click the dcs icon in the steamVR home and it comes up with something like "further options" cant fully recall, then you can choose what to launch it as. 

Unfortunately i accidentally asked steam to launch MT by default so i have no idea how to pick anymore!

Are you using DCS via Steam or stand alone, because on my steamVR windows i see only my Steam games

Pico connect is in beta stage correct.

Uninstall and go back to pico link .

Try dcs.

Also Necksaver works with steam  Api .

XRNS will crash DCS. 

Edited by KoN

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

8 hours ago, jungleboy123 said:

steam

Try running DCS with out VR mode . 

Run DCS in single core mode . 

Clean DCS and repair . 

Run DCS . 

See were your at . 

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

On 4/3/2024 at 12:22 PM, Vector1 said:

Have you got SteamVR installed , Also I use SkateZilla's updater app to auto open SteamVR , before DCS opens When I open  Steam from inside Pico Connect desktop I can't get DCs to open. Hope that helps