tfrp rudder pedals

charlie

i've got thrustmaster tfrp rudder pedals, and i can't get them to bind the toe brakes, i select axis, wheel brakes left  highlight that axis and cycle the toe brakes but nothing happens.ideas please.

• ED Team
10 hours ago, charlie said:

i've got thrustmaster tfrp rudder pedals, and i can't get them to bind the toe brakes, i select axis, wheel brakes left  highlight that axis and cycle the toe brakes but nothing happens.ideas please.

please ensure the toe brakes are calibrated. 

When you are pressing them ensure they travel the full distance of the axis, this usually allows them to be seen by DCS

Thanks 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• BIGNEWY changed the title to tfrp rudder pedals
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, I will continue here since it is similar problem:

I am new user of Thrustmaster T16000 combo and have problems with toe brakes as well: how to properly set them up?

For instance, in Mig29 I can set them like on picture below.

But why are there two possibilities? See arrows...

I can only set them in "Axis commands-Wheel brake" (upper arrow) as JOY_RX and JOY_RY....

... but not on "Systems-Wheel brake On" (like W on keyboard, which I normally used before I bought the combo) since it does not recognize them, probably because they are sliders or something?

Mig29 brakes_2.jpg

..I could set curvature here if I want:

Mig29 brakes_1.jpg

But the problem is:

- at first,when I taxi, everything is OK

- but when I later go for lift off, at approximately 100km/h I started to hear that PSSS sound like they are activating. It sounds every 2 or 3 seconds by itself...

- the same is when I later landing - it immediately starts to sound that psss (in the air before touchdown)

So I guess my setting isn`t correct. What is?

You’re selecting the wrong column for the input device (in the picture you’ve selected TWSC throttle).

Make sure you select the column under the device your trying to configure, e.g. TFRP pedals if you’re looking to bind the toe brakes to DCS

also, ensure there are no double bindings for the same item . DCS auto-assigns default key binds to several inputs and its common to have conflicts when a new input device is added 

Edited by Snakedoc
  • Like 1

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 F-GAMING | i7-10700K | RTX3090 TUF OC | 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz | Windows 10 64bit | Acer Predator X34P | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog | TM T.Flight Rudder Pedals

A-10C | A-10C II | F/A-18C | F-16C | FC3 | PG | Syria | SC

Home made F-16C simulator
Forum Thread: DCS World forum - The Viper Project - Home Cockpits Instagram: 1583142 copia.jpg The Viper Project YouTube youtube-icon-512x512-874lspju.png The Viper Project - Youtube channel

I don`t have any TFRP to select, see below.

Thrustmaster has pedals connected to its HOTAS via propitiatory cable (and not with USB to PC) so you have only one USB device to choose (TWCS Throttle) which has all the buttons/sliders from throttle itself and from pedals, in one column.

And you can see from printscreen that I have no double selection in that line:

Mig29 brakes_3.jpg

But still - what bothers me why are there two options, what is the difference between them?

Mig29 brakes_2.jpg

The similar problems I have with Mig-21...

P.S. I am not using Target software but only the windows drivers...

Toe brakes are seen as  "X rotation" and "Y rotation":

Throttle settings.jpg

....and I can see their movement in DCS itself, as sliders not as buttons. In DCS they are represented as "Joy_RX" and "Joy_RY"

Edited by Frayer

36 minutes ago, Frayer said:

I don`t have any TFRP to select, see below.

Thrustmaster has pedals connected to its HOTAS via propitiatory cable (and not with USB to PC) so you have only one USB device to choose (TWCS Throttle) which has all the buttons/sliders from throttle itself and from pedals, in one column.

I don´t use them anymore, but my TFRP had an adapter box with a standard USB cable:

IMG20231203152221.jpg

Also, why do you have both RX and RY axis assigned to the wheel brake ? That only makes sense if you have separate left/right wheel brakes, which the Mig 29 doesn´t seem to have.

wheelbrake.JPG

(example A-10)

I didn`t get this adapter in the combo box. It seems that they started charging extra for it or you get it only if you buy rudders separately (not in 3 piece combo for planes).

I see it has a switch for car/plane select (that is probably the main reason for it)... so I guess it is not essential for planes, maybe only for cars.

I don`t know what I changed, but brakes are working now. I removed curvature, maybe that was the reason...

Now I have to find the way with Mig-21, I still have some issues there. Even more brakes settings.... 🙄 I don`t know what is the difference between brake lever (in Axis set) and Wheel brakes  in "Gears, brakes and chute" section... so I am pressing both when I try to stop.

Anyone knows?

Mig21 brakes_1.jpg

Edited by Frayer

First of all, MiG-21 does not have toe brakes, but a lever which is actually on the stick in the real aircraft. You also have two bindings for the lever: an axis and a button. They do the same thing, the button is for when you don't have enough axes to assign the lever. Finally, there is an emergency, manual brake handle, which is used if there is a failure in the primary brake system, which has a limited amount of compressed air to work with. Such a failure may be caused by something as simple as leaving the gear handle in up position, so it's good to have the emergency brake handy.

Nose gear brake is actually a switch, and what it does is toggle the brake on the nose gear. MiG-21 can only be steered on the ground by differential braking, accomplished by moving the pedals and pulling the lever. As such, the nose gear brake shouldn't be enabled for taxi, because it would prevent the front wheel from rolling and just stop the aircraft instead of turning it. So you have to turn the front brake off for taxi, and turn it back on when you want full brake effectiveness.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The "Wheel brakes" under "Gears, brakes, and chute" are meant for a button.  It will strictly give you all the way ON or all the way OFF.

The "Wheel brake lever" is an AXIS which means you can control how much braking you want with it.  Press your "toe brake" on your rudder pedals half way and you get 1/2 ON.  Press all the way and you get full ON etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had the complete T.16000M and TWCS+TFRP combo - and TFRP is part of TWCS as it is connected via the same USB cable. There is no separate TFRP (device or column in DCS) if you connect it through that RJ-style connector.

Then: I didn't use toe-brakes on TFRP for single-handle-style brakes of East-bloc planes (e.g. L-39)... it doesn't make much sense, find another axis far away from toe-brakes for that. Otherwise, you risk interference between the axes. It is possible, but it is not the best solution, really.

Finally: Enjoy the pedals while they work OK-ish... From the three products combo, I wish I omitted those. Yes, they are pedals, but they are jittery, jumpy, sticky... and too narrow for a male (not to mention too narrow in general).

• Like 1

✈️ L-39, F-5E, F/A-18C, MiG-15, F-86F, C-101, FC3 🛩️ Yak-52, P-47, Spitfire 🚁 UH-1H, Ka-50 III 🗺️ NTTR, PG, SY, Chnl, Norm2 📦 Supercarrier, NS430, WWII 🕹️ VKB STECS+Gladiator/Kosmosima ▶️ DCS Unscripted YouTube

Virgo is correct. In the set with stick, throttle and pedals, no adapter is needed, and the pedals show up as axis under the TWCS. Your milage may vary, it's a good starter kit, but axis that are potentiometers, will unfortunately fail.
Personally I've never had any issue with the pedals except for the design, and never had any issue with them in DCS, as long as one remembers to set the toe brakes as sliders, and invert them in the relevant modules.
Cheers!

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Sometimes, Invert can be module-dependent - and also depending on the global setup you have for the pedals - you just need to check it, ideally hot start on the runway, check control indicators (RCtrl+Enter by default) and see there. Most modules also show the action of pedals in the cockpit, some don't (at least F-15C from FC3 does not).

Slider is always a logical choice for non-centered axes... although now I see I forgot to check it 😄 but I'd definitely find out the moment when I'd start playing with curvature. Yes, you want wheel brakes as sliders.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

✈️ L-39, F-5E, F/A-18C, MiG-15, F-86F, C-101, FC3 🛩️ Yak-52, P-47, Spitfire 🚁 UH-1H, Ka-50 III 🗺️ NTTR, PG, SY, Chnl, Norm2 📦 Supercarrier, NS430, WWII 🕹️ VKB STECS+Gladiator/Kosmosima ▶️ DCS Unscripted YouTube