fuel shutoff valves

Robo76

Posted (edited)

I don't address the "floor levers" in the question, they work the same in the Ka-50, Mi-8 and Mi-24. I am addressing the fact that the fuel shutoff valves on the Mi-24 do not shut off the fuel (like on the Ka-50 and Mi-8). Which is a problem because after the engine fire is extinguished in a while, the engine will start burning again because fuel is still flowing to the engine. Or is it different ?

Edited by Robo76

4 minutes ago, Robo76 said:

I don't address the "floor levers" in the question, they work the same in the Ka-50, Mi-8 and Mi-24. I am addressing the fact that the fuel shutoff valves on the Mi-24 do not shut off the fuel (like on the Ka-50 and Mi-8). Which is a problem because after the engine fire is extinguished in a while, the engine will start burning again with fuel still flowing to the engine. Or is it different ?

It's a bug that has been reported for a long time. Shutoff valves work only if you shut them both.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info, how long has this bug been reported ?  So now when I want to shut off the fuel to a burning / extinguished engine I have to shut off the fuel supply to a healthy engine, great 🙂

Perhaps a list of long reported and unfixed bugs should be included with the description of the module in the DCS store so that the interested party can better consider whether to buy it.Možná by měl být k popisu modulu v obchodě DCS přiložen seznam dlouho hlášených a neopravených chyb, aby zájemce mohl lépe zvážit, zda si jej koupí.

15 hours ago, Robo76 said:

Perhaps a list of long reported and unfixed bugs should be included with the description of the module in the DCS store so that the interested party can better consider whether to buy it.

If you see "reported" or "reported earlier" tags in the Bugs and problems section, it means the module still has bugs. And they all have bugs since DCS modules are very complex, as you know.

I've just bumped the bug report.

• Like 2

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

9 hours ago, Flappie said:

If you see "reported" or "reported earlier" tags in the Bugs and problems section, it means the module still has bugs. And they all have bugs since DCS modules are very complex, as you know.

I've just bumped the bug report.

The fact that modules are complex and entitled to error rates is one thing. But years of unreported and unfixed bugs is like spitting in the face of the customer. ....... I would love to build you a kitchen, you would claim several defects with me for several years, and during that time you would not be able to use the paid for kitchen to its full potential. I would make the excuse that it has a lot of parts, is complicated and you have to wait a few years and I would work on other kitchens. Would you want it from me ?

No product is perfect. My kitchen included.

Like I said, the forum gives you an idea of the state of each module. Moreover, ED lets you try modules for 14 days. If you're not happy with the module, you don't buy it.

• Like 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

2 hours ago, Robo76 said:

The fact that modules are complex and entitled to error rates is one thing. But years of unreported and unfixed bugs is like spitting in the face of the customer. ....... I would love to build you a kitchen, you would claim several defects with me for several years, and during that time you would not be able to use the paid for kitchen to its full potential. I would make the excuse that it has a lot of parts, is complicated and you have to wait a few years and I would work on other kitchens. Would you want it from me ?

Dude, relax, you're barking up the wrong tree.

Flappie is one of us, he did a lot of good for this community. Just because he's a beta tester does not mean he is getting paid for all of this.

• Like 2

Its true, i post to Flappie few more bugs in private messages, he immediately respond and send them to DEVS. This game is huge and in small team it must be hard to implement all those bug fixes in time. What we can do is keep looking for those unnoticed bugs, send them and wait until they fix them. But to be fair to DEVS, each patch, or lets say, patch after patch, they keep fixing Mi24. So Iam confident that sooner or later this module will be perfect.

13 hours ago, admiki said:

Dude, relax, you're barking up the wrong tree.

Flappie is one of us, he did a lot of good for this community. Just because he's a beta tester does not mean he is getting paid for all of this.

Posted (edited)

I don't criticize players who care about reporting bugs. But the attitude of ED and module developers who find it difficult to fix bugs in a reasonable timeframe (which is weeks, not years). How their priorities are mixed up in development when they add more features without making the previously added ones or the basic ones work. Mostly they work on laborious cosmetic improvements to graphics rather than fixing important functional things that are more essential to the use of the module. The Ai Petrovich is a nice example of making the Mi-24 hard to use, where I can see the enemy column out the window before the Ai "binoculars". If anyone wants to defend this, I absolutely don't get it. It's more like it's time to start voicing dissatisfaction and not keep making excuses, otherwise we'll be waiting years for every fix here.

Edited by Robo76

• 2 weeks later...

Good day.

Is the above error with non-functioning fuel valves submitted for repair? I didn't find it in the list. Or is the impossibility of permanently extinguishing the engine an insignificant error?

1 hour ago, Robo76 said:

Good day.

Is the above error with non-functioning fuel valves submitted for repair? I didn't find it in the list. Or is the impossibility of permanently extinguishing the engine an insignificant error?

yes it is, i was talking to Flappie and he send it to devs even more bugs i have found, not only this. But it takes some times. we have to paitent.