Low Speed Landing.....

Aronis
Go to solution Solved by Hiob,

I have watched the Grim Reaper Video several times, Cap does ILS landing,  but is able to fly at 135 to 140 nts. If I try going much below 200 the plane drops too quickly.   Was that video made with zero weapons and fuel tanks?  I have been practicing with a couple extra fuel tanks. Maybe the extra weight required faster flight speed????  Or was there an adjustment to the F16's sim characteristics?  Just wondering...

Mike

8 hours ago, Aronis said:

I have watched the Grim Reaper Video several times, Cap does ILS landing,  but is able to fly at 135 to 140 nts. If I try going much below 200 the plane drops too quickly.   Was that video made with zero weapons and fuel tanks?  I have been practicing with a couple extra fuel tanks. Maybe the extra weight required faster flight speed????  Or was there an adjustment to the F16's sim characteristics?  Just wondering...

Mike

Yes, extra weight will require more speed as you go lighter less speed is required to glide. So if you are full on weapons and fuel you are going to need more speed. And its best to use sim settings.

If you want us to give you deeper analysis you can post a short track of your landing.

• Like 1

• Solution
8 hours ago, Aronis said:

Mike

More weight requires more lift. More lift can be generated by more AoA or more speed. Since you will eventually run out of AoA and stall, let alone need a given AoA for a proper approach, you have no choice but to increase speed with higher weights.

That‘s universal for every plane btw. not just the Viper.

• Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"