Just wondering if the controls

mavrick451

are getting better or will get better love this craft but flying for me makes it almost unusable and its sad. I would even mind if it had arcade mode so i can get through a mission without goat roping.

What does “goat roping” mean?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

20 minutes ago, Sarge55 said:

What does “goat roping” mean?

goat rope (plural goat ropes)

1. (slang) A confusing, disorganized situation often attributed to or marked by human error.
  2. (slang) A convoluted issue that is contested by many parties.
  3. A rodeo event in which competitors attempt to lasso a goat, usually for younger participants.
  4. An ill-advised solution to contain a problem; a solution that will eventually fail.

Got it.

I wonder which country that slang term originated. I’ve heard of goats being tethered as bait for tigers etc. but not to describe confusion.

Thanks for the info.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

I feel like the controls are in pretty good shape. It took me about 100 hours in the module before I felt like I was really in control.

One big thing that helped me was studying the hold modes chapter of the manual (pages 206-220 of the July 2022 quick start manual...not sure what pages in the updated early access manual) and flying with the controls indicator on for a while to understand what the SCAS was trying to do. It's always doing something, regardless of speed or inputs. You have to be able to work with it, not against it.

Unsprung pedals and stick (or force feedback hardware) also helps, but the main tip is keep practicing!

• Like 2

Understanding how the trim works and how it’s different from fixed wing is pretty important. 

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | ASUS TUF GeForce RTX 4090 OC | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5