DCS survey (result)

YoYo

On 4/13/2024 at 2:09 PM, tribbin said:

I can't imagine ever flying without VR.

Are there people who have flown VR and stopped? 🤔

Yes, because of performance issues. But next year im gonna buy myself a better PC.

• Like 3

CPU: i7-4790k; RAM: 32GB HyperX@1866Mhz; GPU: MSI RTX 3070; SSD: WDBlue something

On 4/13/2024 at 2:09 PM, tribbin said:

Yeah, me - the wow-effect was gone in a few sessions and I was constantly annoyed with the rather low visual fidelity, much lower than on a quality screen. I was constantly angry about how <profanity>ty it looked, and I don't like being constantly angry about something so expensive.

I'll give it another try in a bit of time - it certainly is the way of the future, but it's not yet there for me, personally.

• Like 4

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

On 4/13/2024 at 4:09 AM, tribbin said:

Yes. Might try again down the road. For now will keep w my 4k 48 LG OLED, surround speakers, 2 Buttkickers, TrackIR. The heat, lower res, nausea ( i know i know), and harder to drink my beer, just no go for me quite yet.

• Like 4

TM Warthog MFG TIR5 GT Omega Pro/ButKickerx1/WheelStandPro Playseat/ButKickerx2

10 hours ago, Tzigy said:

drink my beer

Use a bottle, not a pint, no problem. 😅

• Like 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

14 minutes ago, YoYo said:

Use a bottle, not a pint, no problem. 😅

Skip the bottle. Set up an intravenous drip!!! 

• Like 2

5800x3drtx407064Gb 3200: 1Tb NVME: Pico 4: Rift S: Quest Pro

On 4/13/2024 at 3:09 PM, tribbin said:

I noticed that majority of people going back to 2D is related to performance/quality and this is a main issue with VR.  Unless you can drive that HMD with lots of power, the experience can be disapointing on the long run with endless attempts to squeeze performance by changing this and that setting.  My setup is now pretty much the most powerfull I can wish for and yet, I could use even more power to fully exploit my 8KX with the best possible image this HMD can provide.  The day I can sim without FFR, supersample to 2.0, widest FOV, every setting maxed out and keep a constant 90 FPS is the day I will see the full potential of the 8KX realized.  Maybe with the 6090.😂 

As I always say to people, with VR you are in the simulation, not looking at the simulation.  For me there is no going back to 2D.

I just hope VR gets more accessible in the future, it is way too expensive now to get a decent experience.

• Like 3

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i9-13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB, ADDLINK S72 2TB, TM WARTHOG COMBO + PENDULAR RUDDER PEDALS, PIMAX 8K X, Sony 5.1 Spks+SubW | DCS OB, A-10C_II, AH-64D, F-14/16/18, F-86F, AV-8B, M-2000C, SA342, Huey, Spitfire, FC3.

7 minutes ago, WipeUout said:

I noticed that majority of people going back to 2D is related to performance/quality and this is a main issue with VR.

This will hopefully get better when/if we get an affordable VR headset with eye tracking. 

5800x3drtx407064Gb 3200: 1Tb NVME: Pico 4: Rift S: Quest Pro

4 ore fa, WipeUout ha scritto:

I just hope VR gets more accessible in the future, it is way too expensive now to get a decent experience.

It depends on expectations maybe. I started VR with a GTX 1070 and a Rift CV1, and that was already "enough" for me; now with a 3080ti and a quest 3 I'm flying in full-hd compared to Rift CV1, and the wow-effect never went away. When we'll have true full-hd clarity on VR headsets we'll also have 8k monitors as standard and VR will still be "low resolution" compared. But if I compare what I have now to Chuck Yeager's Air Combat I had when I was 14, I'm already in the future.

Edited by nessuno0505
  • Like 6

44 minutes ago, nessuno0505 said:

It depends on expectations maybe. I started VR with a GTX 1070 and a Rift CV1, and that was already "enough" for me; now with a 3080ti and a quest 3 I'm flying in full-hd compared to Rift CV1, and the wow-effect never went away. When we'll have true full-hd clarity on VR headsets we'll also have 8k monitors as standard and VR will still be "low resolution" compared. But if I compare what I have now to Chuck Yeager's Air Combat I had when I was 14, I'm already in the future.

So true never thought I would be having the experience we have today compared to yester year. 

On 4/7/2024 at 4:16 PM, YoYo said:

We had a survey on the website http://dcsworld.pl/ (its not the official ED website for sure but focused on DCS in Poland too). The survey was conducted in a Facebook group, in Polish, but Im posting its results here. They are very interesting. Nearly 350 people took part in the survey. It may be useful to someone. 

I'm uploading the Google translate version into English: 

Survey of the Polish DCS World community - results - DCS World Flying School (dcsworld-pl.translate.goog)

Regards!

Thanks for sharing the results, really interesting statistics 😉

• Like 1

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!