DCS starts but have black screen forever

Go to solution Solved by Flappie,

Hi i just update game before work just fine....but after update when i start game its just black screen its not crshing or somethig just black and its not going to main menu it was weard after the update when i start game my vr program start up with game....i dont use it anymore...so i uninstal this but dcs is still on black screen forever....i delete /MissionEditor/modules/TableUtils.lua" and   repear game and it not work

Edited by Eniks

Perhaps your Anti-Virus blocks a dll of being loaded or an executable of running. 

Try to set an exception for DCS (incl. the savegames folder) in your AV.

There are a lot of false positives lately.

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

Posted (edited)

i did that not work i exclude everything like in spudknocker video what hi post month ago and it did nothing still the same black screen

Edited by Eniks
  • Like 1

2024-04-11 14:50:29.756 INFO    EDCORE (Main): (dDispatcher)enterToState_:1
2024-04-11 14:50:29.912 ALERT   Dispatcher (Main): Error starting Game GUI: [string "./MissionEditor/modules/TableUtils.lua"]:3: assertion failed!

The sim explains with his own words that your options.lua file is corrupted.

Try this:

1. Browse to "Saved Games/DCS.../Config".
  2. Rename your "options.lua" file to "options.lua.bak".
  3. Start DCS. You will have default options. I'll help you with that: please attach your options.lua.bak file, I'll make my best to repair it.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• Solution
Posted (edited)

It's completely broken, I won't be able to repair it. Here is its content:

options = {
	["miscellaneous"] = {
		["autologin"] = true,
	},
}

😕

Sorry, but you'll have to reset all your options.

At least, DCS is back on track. And you still have you custom controls, which is the most important part, I think.

No idea why your options.lua got corrupted but you're not the first one.

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

hehehe before you send this first thing what i look was my controlls hehehe options like graphic exetra are 5mn to set controls to all plane will be hours heheh thx for help 😛 that options.lua got broken on update work fine before..