My game just won't unpause! Please help!

asa1997

Have you checked key assignements? maybe you changed it by mistake. If that is not the case, change it to another key and see if it works (maybe your pause key doesen't work).

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

yeah, i tried pause, break, pause+break, it doesn't work

Which keyboard do you have? Mine has pause and break on the same key and that works. It sounds like you have a keyboard where they are separate which is a bit odd, but... If you have another keyboard available (even temporarily) have you tried that?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Couple of things to try, reassign keypress as mentioned above or, as was the case for me, check that the pause/break key isn't shared with scroll lock for example. I had to toggle the secondary function for my scroll lock un order for the pause/break to work.

Now I have just assigned scroll lock to pause instead !

Oli

Cheers

Oli

i7 930 @ 3.8 | GTX 285 | 6GB DDR3 | Win 7 64

DCS:BS has a keyboard glitch: the keyboard simply stops working for short random periods of time, so this might be it. I blamed this behaviour on my radio keyboard at first, but it only appeared in DCS:BS and mostly with the pause function, yes.

If you live to fly again, it's a successful landing. The plane being able to fly again is just a bonus.

Check the support forums, you'll see a few threads here and there about random kb dropout.

I get it, especially when I respawn in multiplayer. Usually (but not always) alt-tabbing "wakes" it up.

thanks for the help guys. btw im using a 2008 vista laptop

I have been using computers since the mid '80's and never realized there was a pause button-lol. It confused the hell out of me when I first fired up the game.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Gateway FX 7805 Gaming Notebook: Vista 64-Bit, Intel Core 2 Duo Centrino P8400 @ 2.26Ghz, 4GB DDR3, 1GB nVIDIA GEForce 9800M GTS, 320GB/7200RPM HD, 1400 x 900 native res. Saitek AV8R-01. DCS: Black Shark Callsign-"CRUPTED".

I have been using computers since the mid '80's and never realized there was a pause button-lol. It confused the hell out of me when I first fired up the game.

your drugs must be better than mine :lol:

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

asa1997 try reassigning pause key to pause function in the in-game options. The reason seems to be in a modified keycode returned by Pause key of your laptop's keyboard. Nowadays standards mean less or even nothing for some developers.

If one doesn't know what and when Pause/Break key does, it doesn't mean it's useless. It's an important key and won't be removed for a long time.

Edited by Tez
929d768ca6a69127d1f9c61ea94c02e8.gif [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] =653=Tez

I had the same problem with not being able to un-pause. To fix it i cleared keyboard profiles from both game and simulation mode and then reloaded them using the load profile option. Seemed to fix it for me. On my Laptop I have to use the "Fn" button to access pause. Maybe theis has something to do with it as well?

Another point, which holds true for DCS on the laptop I first ran DCS on: pressing only Pause doesn't work, since the pause key is hidden as a secondary key requiring that a special "fn" key (in my case found beside left alt) be pressed and held.

If pressed and held, it would work normally in DCS. (That laptop is an HP Pavilion dv9000.)

But as Tez said, standards don't mean anything to a lot of people making hardware out there, and the laptop industry is particularly hard hit by that. My Linux partition on that laptop forced me to go into some pretty arcane settings to force some reinterpretation of the keyboard signals because there was so much hardware stuff wired to special buttons that the Linux system didn't know what to make of - causing sound and all kinds of stuff to not work.

It's the kind of stuff that makes you want to manufacture your own laptops, just so there are SOME out there that conform to standards...

Edited by EtherealN
I used the g-word again... >.<

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

• ED Team

Anyway - user can reassign these 'problem' buttons, it works perfect.

Edited by USSR_Rik

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

• 9 months later...

Hi guys now I have the same problem. I can't unpause the game when it starts. I tried different buttons (pause-break) ( P ) and anothers without modifier. Only the ESC button response to me so I can't do anything. Any ideas for that ? Thanks....

Sounds like a keyboard software issue. Does your keyboard use special programming software (like the G15 and so on)?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

• 3 years later...

Hi, everyone else seems to have fixed this issue but me. Game won't unpause when I start the sim. Have tried reinstall the game but that hasn't helped and when I try to reassign my keys I get the following error;

Error:

..\blackshark\modules\me_options.lua:1095 attempt to index local 'layout' (a nil value)

Stack traceback;

->stack: ..\blackshark\modules\me_options.lua in line 1905 in func:

collectReformers

->stack: ..\blackshark\modules\me_options.lua in line 1887 in func:

collectAllReformers

->stack: ..\blackshark\modules\me_options.lua in line 1842 in func:

validateLayout

->stack: ..\blackshark\modules\me_options.lua in line 768 in func:

saveProfiles

->stack: ..\blackshark\modules\me_options.lua in line 1066 in func:

func

->stack: ..\luagui5\Widget.lua in line 266 in func:

->stack: .\BlackShark\BlackShark.lua in line 751 in func:

Have also added the comments line into the lua file but all to no avail.

This is proving very annoying as it's been running fine for ages.

Any help will be much appreciated.