Problems with LPWS C-Ram

Go to solution Solved by Hudson Garcia,

Hello,

I'm trying to set up a couple of LPWS C-Ram in the mission editor to shoot down some planes. The problem is that they don't shoot. They move and aim at the planes, but they don't fire. I've already tried using the triggers for weapons free, red alert, etc..., but I couldn't solve it. Can someone help me?

Thanks

In your track, the bombers have already climbed past 6,000 ft when the LPWS' begin tracking it. While the bombers are set to start at 1,000 ft, their next waypoint is set to ~6,500 ft.

Given that the bombers are engaged if set to a lower altitude, by the looks of it, it simply looks like they're outside the maximum engagement altitude of LPWS (at least in DCS).

I'm not sure what the engagement altitude should be or what exact value it's set to (in the .lua defining it, I can only see a value for the maximum detection altitude, which is set at 6,000 m (~24,000 ft)). If the engagement altitude is lower than this, it might explain why they track targets but don't engage (as, in DCS, fire-control systems will track targets in anticipation of them meeting whatever engagement criteria is defined for the unit (min/max range/altitude/speed etc).

From limited testing, it looks like targets need to be less than 5,000 ft above LPWS for it to be engaged by it. In the attached track, all I've done is changed the waypoints of the bombers such that the altitude is set to 4,900 ft - so long as they stay below 5,000 ft they'll be engaged.

LPWS_4.9kft_test.trk

Edited by Northstar98
Linking the .lua, minor grammar corrections
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• Solution
2 hours ago, Northstar98 said:

In your track, the bombers have already climbed past 6,000 ft when the LPWS' begin tracking it, while the bombers are set to start at 1,000 ft, their next waypoint is set to ~6,500 ft.

Given that the bombers are engaged if set to a lower altitude, by the looks of it, it simply looks like they're outside the maximum engagement altitude of LPWS (at least in DCS).

I'm not sure what the engagement altitude should be or what exact value it's set to (the .lua defining it, I can only see a value for the maximum detection altitude, which is set at 6,000 m (~24,000 ft), if the engagement altitude is lower than this, it might explain why they track targets but don't engage (as in DCS, fire-control systems will establish a track in anticipation, even if the target is outside of whatever engagement criteria).

From limited testing, it looks like targets need to be less than 5,000 ft above LPWS for it to be engaged by it. In the attached track, all I've done is changed the waypoints of the bombers such that the altitude is set to 4,900 ft - so long as they stay below 5,000 ft they'll be engaged.

LPWS_4.9kft_test.trk 60.2 kB · 1 download

Thank you for the help my friend!

I think I understood. I tried researching the C-Ram range on DCS but didn't find much. I'm trying to make some videos and I really appreciate the help.