HUD elements still appear too thick when using 4K

I thought this issue has been recognized by the devs and that it was fixed? I haven't played DCS for years. I was on v2.7 and the problem still existed, and then just recently updated to DCS OpenBeta 2.9.4 and the problem with the HUD still persists. Not sure if this issue is related to the plane itself, as I also see the same thing when flying the F-16. The HUD elements, fonts, lines are all really thick when using a resolution of 4K. I've watched a lot of videos of users playing DCS on YouTube and the HUD looks really sharp and crisp. I've tried many things that some suggested such as turning down the brightness, and that doesn't fix it either. This ruins the sim for me, as the HUD is something you always look at and it's quite annoying when it looks out of place compared to the rest of the sim.

• ED Team

Please try adjusting the brightness level for the HUD, it may help. 

thank you 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

That does help, but it's still a bit too thick for those of us using unusual screens. Specifically, I have 32:9 screen, and HUD lines are thicker than I would expect them. It's a problem not easily reproducible with track files, but I am happy to take videos and photos to demonstrate.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/18/2024 at 5:06 AM, BIGNEWY said:

Please try adjusting the brightness level for the HUD, it may help. 

thank you 

Like I've mentioned, I've already done that and it doesn't help at all. Still looks too thick. It seems like this problem exists in 4K only, cause from the videos I've seen online the HUD fonts, symbology, lines all look very crisp, thin and sharp when DCS is used at lower resolutions. In 4K, the HMD HUD looks crisp. So I'm not sure why the HUD is thick, while the HMD's HUD looks nice and sharp.

Edited by maverick90