Metronomic stutter caused by Normandy civilian traffic

I have been trying to track down the cause of an irritating stutter, in my large missions. The stutter is metronomic...like a pulse. Reducing the complexity and number of units helped...with my system 1500 +_ total units is the limit for me. The cause of the Stutter would appear to be the CIVIL TRAFFIC. The moment my system gets loaded...civil traffic causes horrible stuttering. So...on all missions its now OFF...and they smooth as silk.

Asus ROG MAXIMUS X Formula

Intel i7- 8700K 4.8ghz

Asus GTX 2080ti OC edition

64 Gb RAM at 3200mhz

Kraken X 72 cooler

Samsung CHG90 monitor at 144 htz

DCS on M.2 drive 500 Gb

5 hours ago, Rene Coulon said:

I have been trying to track down the cause of an irritating stutter, in my large missions. The stutter is metronomic...like a pulse. Reducing the complexity and number of units helped...with my system 1500 +_ total units is the limit for me. The cause of the Stutter would appear to be the CIVIL TRAFFIC. The moment my system gets loaded...civil traffic causes horrible stuttering. So...on all missions its now OFF...and they smooth as silk.

It's not obvious from your post, but are you using MOOSE or MIST or just using your own scripts or purely the mission editor with yak-40's?

Are you using any mods?

8 hours ago, Elphaba said:

It's not obvious from your post, but are you using MOOSE or MIST or just using your own scripts or purely the mission editor with yak-40's?

Are you using any mods?

I think civil traffic in this case means the road traffic.

• Like 1

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

I do have a MODS folder...but its not the issue, neither is any form of scripting etc,

the Civil Traffic...is just the road traffic...directly from the mission editor. Turning it OFF really seems to smooth out my system.

Intel i7- 8700K 4.8ghz

64 Gb RAM at 3200mhz

Kraken X 72 cooler

DCS on M.2 drive 500 Gb

1 hour ago, Rene Coulon said:

I do have a MODS folder...but its not the issue, neither is any form of scripting etc,

the Civil Traffic...is just the road traffic...directly from the mission editor. Turning it OFF really seems to smooth out my system.

Okay, that's clearer. Thanks.

• Flappie changed the title to Metronomic stutter caused by Normandy civilian traffic

@Rene Coulon As discussed in PM, I checked all terrains: I found that Normandy has this issue with civilian traffic. I could not replicate the issue with other terrains.

It's now reported as a Normandy terrain issue.

• Like 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

6 hours ago, Flappie said:

@Rene Coulon As discussed in PM, I checked all terrains: I found that Normandy has this issue with civilian traffic. I could not replicate the issue with other terrains.

It's now reported as a Normandy terrain issue.

Thanks for testing that @Flappie - I was very worried about my missions then! I avoid WW2 so I'm safe. 🙂 Good catch.

Also dont overlook the Normandy 2 Traffic includes Trains.    Note - The MT Version has the issue of the Train wheels and animations not working this maybe causing a stuttering problem if the sim is having a problem trying to render them. Also the trains still need adjusting to the correct rail height.

Edited by waterman

I think thats also a very valid point...the Trains issue is now really in need of attention, and in Normandy its Terrible

Intel i7- 8700K 4.8ghz

64 Gb RAM at 3200mhz

Kraken X 72 cooler

DCS on M.2 drive 500 Gb