Setting rwy on base with multiple rwys.

On bases with a single rwy I know how to change which one I will take of from.

But larger bases with 2-3 rwys like Ramat David, I get the 15 by default, how do I change to 27 as example?

Also , can I set it in the data cartridge via F10 or Combatflite? I have not found any options for it.

I tested to manually set it via Bana , set 264 (rwy 27 on Ramat) and 10 for TILS. So (26410) .

But the turningpoints B1 etc was not aligned when I did that. 

44 minutes ago, F19_CoNa said:

I tested to manually set it via Bana , set 264 (rwy 27 on Ramat) and 10 for TILS. So (26410) .

But the turningpoints B1 etc was not aligned when I did that. 

Strange, I use Bana all the time and have no problem with the waypoints that I have set for the mission … this is a recent video I recorded at Nevada, and Bana worked there:

However, I have not tested it at Syria 😞 

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

1 hour ago, F19_CoNa said:

Try setting it to 264010. You need a decimal on LS/L1/L2.

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |

Nope, that did not fix it. I tried setting the rwy to 264010 when I had taxied out on the rwy. The B1 wp is still 100-200m off to the right (I have set it to a helipad with some lights on that stands out in the dark) 
The thing is that if I start from rwy 33, I fly over the helipad, and when going from rw15 I have it on the left of the helipad. So there is just a slight difference, but still some.

So when going from any other rwy than default, regardless if I set the correct rwy heading, I'm quite far from where I expect the wp to be. 
Yes, I know I can correct the wp, with TV fix, but it might not be as easy in the dark, and if there is no special features that the radar can fix on, then you might be out of luck.

In the end this is something that is wrong. It seems that there is only one rwy point for each base.

Of course, our Swedish military bases don't have multiple rwys. So it might make sense.
Test my mission and see for yourself. Mission+Combatflite+cartridge included in the zipfile

THT mission issue.zip

On 4/22/2024 at 12:06 PM, F19_CoNa said:

It seems that there is only one rwy point for each base.

The location of LS is roughly the center of the runway, which is where your nav system initializes to at liftoff. If you change BANA to a different runway and you don't have the opportunity to do a fix after takeoff, you should change the LOLA values of LS to the center of the runway you're using. 

Edited by Machalot

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

I have tested from Ramat David rwys 15 and 27

If I start from rwy27 , do a correction of LS, I get B1 aprox 230m to the right of where it is supposed to be.

If I don’t set the LS and start from 27, I’m closer to the B1 wp at 150m.

And finally if I start from 15, dont set LS as it’s the default, I’m 70m from the B1 wp.

I have not tested from the third rwy, but I have a feeling it will just get worse, regardless if I set the LS.

I don’t know if this is specific for this map, or base, or if it’s a bug in general.

Also, if you start from a base that has paralell rwys, like 15R and 15L, how do you set which to start from? The heading will be correct, but in worst case you will be way off sideways from the wy. The same then goes for the landing if you are using ”landning NAV” as the TILS might be set for the wrong rwy.

Screenshot_2024-04-23_232152.png

Screenshot_2024-04-23_230746.png

Screenshot_2024-04-23_225150.png

On 4/22/2024 at 9:06 PM, F19_CoNa said:

Of course, our Swedish military bases don't have multiple rwys. So it might make sense.

Many AJ/S/AJS Viggen peacetime airports had multiple runways: F7, F15, F11, F13, F10 at least. And all(?) bigger wartime bases.

5 37 39 47 51 52 98 190a ce spit (a4 hab) - 430 ca sc wwii - cau chan mar nor nttr pg syr

BTW, an example of a wartime airbase is Field 67 Åmsele. Decommissioned and sold in 2005 but with runways and readypads still visible. All types of maintenance could be done there. One long runway for heavy transporters and 3 smaller for the fighters. Hopefully it'll be in the Kola map on Friday. :-)

https://kartor.eniro.se/?c=64.577233,19.316711&z=13&l=aerial

https://www.forgottenairfields.com/airfield-amsele-eomsele-608.html

An article about it in a local newspaper: https://www.vk.se/2019-12-26/nar-amsele-hade-en-storflygplats-for-kalla-kriget

93KfqfYTM0-WfxCfHdhUZ0pKheQ.jpg?auto=for

• Like 1

5 37 39 47 51 52 98 190a ce spit (a4 hab) - 430 ca sc wwii - cau chan mar nor nttr pg syr

1 hour ago, Munin said:

BTW, an example of a wartime airbase is Field 67 Åmsele. Decommissioned and sold in 2005 but with runways and readypads still visible. All types of maintenance could be done there. One long runway for heavy transporters and 3 smaller for the fighters. Hopefully it'll be in the Kola map on Friday. 🙂

https://kartor.eniro.se/?c=64.577233,19.316711&z=13&l=aerial

https://www.forgottenairfields.com/airfield-amsele-eomsele-608.html

An article about it in a local newspaper: https://www.vk.se/2019-12-26/nar-amsele-hade-en-storflygplats-for-kalla-kriget

93KfqfYTM0-WfxCfHdhUZ0pKheQ.jpg?auto=for

IIRC they said that the southern boundary of the map will be only slightly south of Luleå, so Åmsele is right out I think 😞

Also, the map is meant to represent the current day as far as I know so it wouldn't be in anyway. But field 69 (Jokkmokk, nice) is in! The newsletter is pretty vague about which areas of the map will actually be "done" at the time of EA release though. 

Edited by renhanxue
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, renhanxue said:

Also, the map is meant to represent the current day as far as I know so it wouldn't be in anyway.

Last year the military bought back nearby Gunnarn (now Storuman airport) so maybe Åmsele will be reactivated too.

I really hope the road base system will be possible in the Kola map. It really is a missed opportunity from Heatblur but they lost interest in the Viggen a long time ago.

• Like 1