RB abandoned this forum. Why?

Flagrum

Maybe 2-3 days a year someone of the RB team shows up here, but the majority of the time we are all on our own here. Isn't this forum meant to be the place where we can seek help or support from the devs? Maybe even getting a small update on one or another topic?

Iirc every couple of years the disappointment here boils up to apoint where yet another Grand Forum Drama ensues with ED firefighting, promises of changes for the better, new community liason people pushed into this mess ... and a couple of years have already passed. Again.

So, what will happen with this forum? Will RB continue to not support their product(s) here? Will something change - and if, what will the timeline be?

PS: please do NOT suggest using the RB Discord. Discord is a bunch of ... chat rooms. Not even remotely suitable as you only get a small snapshot of all the communication. We have threads here with open issues that are _several_ years old. How would you handle that in Discord? If I am mean, I would be inclined to think that this is even seen as a feature by some. Once a topic is older than a couple of hours or days, nobody will remember it, let alone ever find it again ...

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

Discord is mega spyware, but people just don't care. I have no time for it.

• Like 2

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Flagrum said:

Maybe 2-3 days a year someone of the RB team shows up here, but the majority of the time we are all on our own here. Isn't this forum meant to be the place where we can seek help or support from the devs? Maybe even getting a small update on one or another topic?

Iirc every couple of years the disappointment here boils up to apoint where yet another Grand Forum Drama ensues with ED firefighting, promises of changes for the better, new community liason people pushed into this mess ... and a couple of years have already passed. Again.

So, what will happen with this forum? Will RB continue to not support their product(s) here? Will something change - and if, what will the timeline be?

PS: please do NOT suggest using the RB Discord. Discord is a bunch of ... chat rooms. Not even remotely suitable as you only get a small snapshot of all the communication. We have threads here with open issues that are _several_ years old. How would you handle that in Discord? If I am mean, I would be inclined to think that this is even seen as a feature by some. Once a topic is older than a couple of hours or days, nobody will remember it, let alone ever find it again ...

I agree. When the F-15E first came out I asked a bunch of questions in the F-15E forum here but got no RB/ED response and was advised later to use their discord. Why should I? This is the official forum and RB is obliged to respond to and support their customers here like everyone else. Are they not? Discord is fine for those who want to use it and does have some merit. But as you said it's just a running chatroom of mixed topics and not a suitable repository of info for learning. RB can discord all they want but they have a duty here as well. ED should manage them better in this regard.  

Edited by GrEaSeLiTeNiN
  • Like 5

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
TM Warthog HOTAS | TrackIR 5 | Windows 10 Home x64 | 
My HOTAS Profiles

In this day and age I believe the developer should choose freely which platform to use to distribute information, but I also believe this forum is important and should get attention too.

I use this forum a lot, but when I entered the discord of RB I learned A LOT! from NOTSO of a lot of different topics of the F-15E, very valuable information I wouldn't be able to obtain here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Flagrum said:

Agree with all this. RAZBAM barely even post in their own discord these days.

Chat in the F15E channel is dominated by the same handful of people, generally moaning about the same topics.

• Like 6

Well you all know the answer. Doesn't help with modules you already own, but there's a simple way to avoid future module issues (if there are any future modules, of course).

• Like 1

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

OP they don't post here because they can't ban for valid complaints or criticism like they can on FB and Discord. Been over a year since they stopped truly supporting the Harrier. The training missions have been broken for going on 3 years. Years old bugs they have acknowledge yet refuse to address. Sad that ED allows the behavior by third parties. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Just thinking out loud - would be great if these modules could be 'opened up' to the community after a set number of years, to fix any remaining bugs the developers won't fix and possibly enhance the module further. Like what a talented few, motivated not by money, did with that other sim.   

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
TM Warthog HOTAS | TrackIR 5 | Windows 10 Home x64 | 
My HOTAS Profiles

In this day and age I believe the developer should choose freely which platform to use to distribute information, but I also believe this forum is important and should get attention too.
I use this forum a lot, but when I entered the discord of RB I learned A LOT! from NOTSO of a lot of different topics of the F-15E, very valuable information I wouldn't be able to obtain here.
Why wouldn't you've been able to obtain it here? Discord truly sucks, unless for live chat. It has no historic value like this forum.

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

• Like 2

On 5/3/2024 at 6:22 PM, Flagrum said:

Will RB continue to support their products at all? Current and valid points, funny how they are not too active here but were just too fast & furious to go with RB/ED dispute publicly like they did. 

• Like 3

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

9 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Why wouldn't you've been able to obtain it here? Discord truly sucks, unless for live chat. It has no historic value like this forum.

You just need to know how to search, it's not the best though.

Discord also has threads btw.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ignition said:

It also has a lousy reputation for user security (and a poor attitude to it)

• Like 1

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

You just need to know how to search, it's not the best though.
I am aware, and I do know how to search. The issue is mostly that it's a chat room not really made for information. In some the threads here, I just like once in a while to read through old threads, and it's just easier to follow the conversation through less clutter.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Gierasimov said:

Will RB continue to support their products at all?

That is the other elephant in the room. I think, the issue with their absence here should be addressed as part of it. "Support" should include "support on the official ED forums".

• Thanks 1