Someone know the word on the throttle?thanks a lot.

Go to solution Solved by zerO_crash,

If you are asking about the actual Russian text printed on the throttle, then it should be someting like this:

торм. щиток  (brake flap/panel)

<- выпус - уборка->  (extend - retract)

сброс 

до-лтц

Not sure how exactly to translate the latter - probably something along the lines of: "dump countermeasures".

Anyway, you are kind of on the wrong forum section, since the throttle in the picture is from the Su-27 🙂 .

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sunwolf said:

OK.  thank you very much.

I painted my TWCS and want to write the word on it.   🙂

help2.png

You might not want to write "Countermeasures" just yet. I've seen it labeled that elsewhere which is why I posted what I did. But "сброс" actually means "reset".

• Like 1

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Fighter29 said:

Here  «сброс» means like “ Reject “ or “ Throw away “

Yes, “discard”.

EDIT: сбросить: among other meanings, “throw down, drop”. So it probably is for countermeasures.

Edited by Ironhand
  • Like 1

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

36 minutes ago, sunwolf said:

Great  job.   Thanks a lot.

and  this  is a SU-25T  throttle in DCS.  🙂

su25T-throttle.png

FWIW, since in this image there’s a button identified as “lock on ?”, I’ve seen that labeled as the laser control button.

• Like 1

_____

• Solution
Posted (edited)

Su-27/33 throttle (both have the same, but you posted picture of Su-33 (cockpit in strong blue color)):

Сброс - discharge (i.e. deploy)

Ложные тепловые цели (ЛТЦ) - False thermal targets (i.e. flares)

Дипольные отражатели (ДО) - Dipole reflector (i.e. chaff)

Su-25: 

(КЛЕН-ПС) - (KLEN-PS) This is the name of the laser rangefinder in the Su-25.

КЛЕН ПЗ - KLEN FOV (i.e. Klen irradiate) (ПЗ - поле зрения, FOV. FOV, because when you irradiate, the cross moves within HUD glass FOV.)

If you wonder about more, shoot!

Edited by zerO_crash
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3 hours ago, Ironhand said:

Yes, “discard”.

EDIT: сбросить: among other meanings, “throw down, drop”. So it probably is for countermeasures.

I was also a little unsure about the "сброс" bit because I also only came across this as meaning "reset"  but, like Fighter29 said, I realised that there are other meanings of the word - the closest ones I could find, that would make sense in this connection being: "ditch" or "dump".

Anyway, the button is definately related to countermeasures - e.g. the counter for remaining countermeasures on the front panel of the MiG-29, is labeled "остаток лтц".

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, zerO_crash said:

ложные тепловые цели (ЛТЦ) - False thermal targets (i.e. flares)

Дипольные отражатели (ДО) - Dipole reflector (i.e. chaff)

Thank you! - I always wondered about the meaning of those abbreviations. 🙂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zerO_crash said:

ложные тепловые цели (ЛТЦ) - False thermal targets (i.e. flares)

Дипольные отражатели (ДО) - Dipole reflector (i.e. chaff)...

Excellent. Thank you!

• Like 1

_____

Posted (edited)

For general Su-25A component nomenclature, you might find this schematic interesting:

IMG_0408.jpeg

It's relatively old, but will give a basic idea on Su-25A components and their names. The nomenclature in cockpit will make more sense when you know what certain components/parts are named.

Edited by zerO_crash
  • Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Excuse me I have no FC3 model group in DCS.  Anybody can look the word with red arrow in blow picture? one is near target box moving button on Mig29 stick,the other is near rolling wheel on Mig29 throttle.   

Thank again.  :-)

mig29-stick-.png

mig29-throttle-.png

== Welcome to 3GO Cyber Air Force ==

http://bbs.3gofly.com/en

The text on the stick is labeling the manual cursor slew button.

The label on the throttle marks the ENTER button. In the sim and real life, it’s the target lock button. In the real world it is also used to manually enter range information for aerial targets and to enter the anticipated aim mark against ground targets, when using the OEPS.

• Thanks 1

_____

10 minutes ago, Ironhand said:

The text on the stick is labeling the manual cursor slew button.

The label on the throttle marks the ENTER button. In the sim and real life, it’s the target lock button. In the real world it is also used to manually enter range information for aerial targets and to enter the anticipated aim mark against ground targets, when using the OEPS.

Is the word near the manual cursor slew button  "ЦЕНТР  ЗСНЫ  СТРОБ" ?

== Welcome to 3GO Cyber Air Force ==

http://bbs.3gofly.com/en

26 minutes ago, sunwolf said:

Is the word near the manual cursor slew button  "ЦЕНТР  ЗСНЫ  СТРОБ" ?

“ЦEНТР ЗОНЫ СТРОБ.” including the period.

• Like 1

_____

Posted (edited)

The first picture is, as Ironhand stated:

"ЦEНТР ЗОНЫ СТРОБ." - "Stroboscope zone centre" (i.e. marker hat) (The working of a stroboscope is very similar, in essence, to a radar. Considering that a radar illuminates a cone ahead, and gives you continuous, but cyclic, updates of the area, it is used as an autology in reference to the workings of a radar. "Zone centre", because with the marker, you are merely pointing out the centre for the RDR/EO to scan. The scan is, however, helical around that point. In layman's terms: "flashlight cone centre", but change "flashlight" with "stroboscope" because it works in principle like a radar, and "cone" with "zone" because from the perspective of the pilot, you are looking at the crossection of the radar beam, not the volumetric properties.)

The second picture:

"ВВОДА ДАЛЬНОСТИ" - "Range Input" (i.e. manual target ranging) (If you for some reason don't have a distance measurement to the target, you can adjust the range manually. A good example would be gun engagement while flying through clouds.)

The wheel itself, is referred as this in the manuals: "Потенциометр ручной установки дальности до цели." - "Potentiometer of manual ranging to the target." (If you know what a potentiometer is, then everything falls into place.).

Also, unless you would be doing a 1-1 replica of a specific bort number, don't worry too much about the wording. It both changes, and is removed (e.g. throttle - manual ranging) relatively early on. 

Edited by zerO_crash
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]