UH1H missing ground telemetry (other DCS helicopters have ground telemetry output)

Posted (edited)

if somewhere out there that might have a suggestion for the Mover app developer on how the app can know when the aircraft is on the ground, please share.

at the moment it is using suspension compression to detect that the aircraft is on the ground...

it is assumed that the Huey has no suspension compression with it not having wheels, but i am not sure why Gazelle works...

Or one day suspension compression telemetry could be added to the huey

@Flappie

Edited by hannibal

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, hannibal said:

if somewhere out there that might have a suggestion for the Mover app developer on how the app can know when the aircraft is on the ground, please share.

From my own testing the compression of the gear strut does not deliver any values for the Huey. It does create values for the Gazelle though, therefore I can confirm your observations.
On the motion platform side there is the alternative to take the altitude above ground as a trigger for touch down and takeoff effects - this is how it is done on my motion platform.
On a side note: I also suffer from the missing Huey data on my ButtKicker, which also relies on the compression of the gear strut to create effects for the aircraft on the ground. The Gazelle, however, works fine with the ButtKicker.

Edited by Rifter
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/20/2024 at 10:16 AM, iboalex said:

Did ED mess up something with the telemetry output in the lastet update? My H6 looses connection/restarts connection randomly while flying the huey. 

its not that it is messed up.. but the export of no suspension compression is not in the huey like the other DCS helos.

my motion platform was working ok in the last update

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179