Task Force Helmand - FOBs, COPs & PBs (Static templates and full miz) WIP

First post! Yeah me! 🤘

I have decided to start my own thread here to put up all my static templates and miz files of the main PBs, FOBs and COPs for TF Helmand (The British ones mainly) and then the complete miz file with them all included in one place. This is a pretty big task so it is all a WIP.

Completed

TF Helmand_Nadi Ali - PB Pimon

TF Helmand_Sangin - PB Pylae

TF Helmand_Sangin - PB Tangiers

TF Helmand_Sangin - PB Wishtan

TF Helmand_Sangin - FOB Jackson

TF Helmand_Nadi Ali – FOB Argyll 

TF Helmand_Now Zad – District Centre

TF Helmand_Now Zad – ANP Hill

TF Helmand_Gereshk – FOB Price

WIP

TF Helmand_Lashkar Gar – TF Helmand HQ

TF Helmand_Lashkar Gar – FOB Bost

TF Helmand_Upper Gereshk Valley – FOB Gibraltar

TF Helmand_Kajaki - FOB Zeebrugge

TF Helmand_Kajaki - OP Normandy

TF Helmand_Kajaki - OP Sparrowhawk

TF Helmand_Kajaki - OP Athens

TF Helmand_Sangin Valley – FOB Nolay

TF Helmand_Sangin Valley – PB Viking

TF Helmand_Sangin Valley – PB Waterloo

TF Helmand_Sangin Valley – COP Robinson

TF Helmand_Upper Sangin Valley – FOB Inkerman

TF Helmand_Musa Qaleh – District Centre

TF Helmand_Musa Qaleh – FOB Edinburgh

TF Helmand_Musa Qaleh – OP Roshan

TF Helmand_Garmsir – FOB Delhi

TF Helmand_Garmsir – FOB Dwyer (Already on the map so not sure what to with this one as it was the 105 gun fire base for support of FOB Delhi).

And more to be added to the list….

Each of the FOBs will be recreated as close to realistic as I can possibly make them within the limits of the DCS Mission Editor, using my own and many other sources. They may not all date to the exact same time period or year either, but they will all be within 2006-2008/9 hopefully.  

Also I will not be using any mods so they will be accessible for all without the need to download anything else or increasing the chances of these being broken as DCS updates.

If anyone has any ideas or wishes please do reply!

Hopefully someone will get some use or enjoyment out of these!

All of these templates are hidden. To reveal them on your map you will need to go to map options in the mission editor and unhide blue units!  

The first of many!

TF Helmand_Nadi Ali - PB Pimon

This is my new and improved PB Pimon as it has been resized to be correct, the last one was twice the size it should have been! Oops! 

Screen_240715_123215.jpg

Screen_240715_123355.jpg

image.jpeg

The static template can be downloaded from here;

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3339481/

Edited by Lloyd80
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 18

Posted (edited)

The second one is here! 

TF_Helmand_Sangin - PB Pylae

A small PB less than 1 km south of FOB Jackson in Sangin. I have now been able to place it in its correct location thanks to the suggestion from Whiskey35.

This is a Miz file rather than a stm as it now has triggers to clear out scenery. User files updated.

image.jpeg

Pylae 2.jpg

Pylae 3.jpg

File download link;

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3339496/

Edited by Lloyd80
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 8

Great work you doing here…

I have trouble with those templates, I can’t get them to work in my missions, Aren’t you supposed to see them on the map? Do I miss something? Other templates works on my other maps.

Thanks 

Edited by Mange

I will start on some FOB's and COP's, as soon as i get back from the mountains. Been drawing sketches on paper all week and can't wait to get to work on these. 🙂

@bignewy loving the map, great potential here!

Edited by toubey

1 hour ago, Mange said:

Great work you doing here…

I have trouble with those templates, I can’t get them to work in my missions, Aren’t you supposed to see them on the map? Do I miss something? Other templates works on my other maps.

Thanks 

Go into map options and unhide blue units. That should work. 

Posted (edited)

So here is No3!

Patrol Base Tangiers from Circa 2008/09. South of the main FOB in Sangin on the local road known as pharmacy road. It was built inside an Afghani compound but I have had to build my own as its missing from the map. 

All of these templates are hidden. To reveal them on your map you will need to go to map options in the mission editor and unhide blue units!  

Hope you enjoy!

PB Tangiers 1.jpg

PB Tangiers 2.jpg

PB Tangiers 3.jpg

Download link;

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3339560/

Edited by Lloyd80
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Posted (edited)

Patrol Base Wishtan circa 2008. South west of FOB Jackson in Sangin, further west on pharmacy road than PB Tangiers.

PB Wishtan 3.jpg

PB Wishtan 1.jpg

PB Wishtan 2.jpg

Download link;

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3339585/

Edited by Lloyd80
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Utterly awesome.

This community really does have some amazing contributors.

• Like 2

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Posted (edited)

Update for PB Wishtan, I have deleted the file on user files as there were some issues that users were having with the download. The new file is awaiting user file approval. When this happens I will update the relevant post. 

Wishtan and Jackson are live, see the posts above. 

Edited by Lloyd80
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Hi Lloyd, first, thanks for this great work! I am trying to get all the FOB and bases currently being produced into one base mission file. Its a little tricky as there yours, mr Goodnites ( any crossover between what you both are doing?) and I think one more guy. Some are .stm and some are .miz files. 

Am I correct in thinking if I save the .miz file as an STM, so I can load it later, it will mess the triggers for the scenery? Also, its difficult to see on my mission where everything is as all the assets are hidden. Is there another way apart from clicking each static individually and making it visible? Can you easily add a name on the map to the template at the location instead, rather than have all the assets visible ? 

Finally, no idea on this one, but if we get when you and the others are finished, all these bases and FOB's, will it mean the performance is really hammered if you have them all on the map? Will we need to be selective and and only add ones relevant to our local mission area do you think? 

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

1 hour ago, markturner1960 said:

Hi Lloyd, first, thanks for this great work! I am trying to get all the FOB and bases currently being produced into one base mission file. Its a little tricky as there yours, mr Goodnites ( any crossover between what you both are doing?) and I think one more guy. Some are .stm and some are .miz files. 

Am I correct in thinking if I save the .miz file as an STM, so I can load it later, it will mess the triggers for the scenery? Also, its difficult to see on my mission where everything is as all the assets are hidden. Is there another way apart from clicking each static individually and making it visible? Can you easily add a name on the map to the template at the location instead, rather than have all the assets visible ? 

Finally, no idea on this one, but if we get when you and the others are finished, all these bases and FOB's, will it mean the performance is really hammered if you have them all on the map? Will we need to be selective and and only add ones relevant to our local mission area do you think? 

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the compliment. 

All mine will be in one miz file when I have finished a good amount. I'm not sure if there is any crossover. There might be. 

You are correct, if you save a miz as an stm it will remove the triggers. For any I do apart from pylae I am including both the stm and the miz file if they have triggers in the user files. I am currently working on the Task Force Helmad HQ PRT in Lashkar Gar and to place it accurately has taken a lot of triggers to remove the scenery.

Currently with the six I have I done I haven't noticed any performance drop yet. But it's early days. I am expecting it to slow down the more I add. I may break down the completed bases into regions and then upload them as miz files rather than one big one.

To unhide the assets, customise, map options, unhide blue units. 

As for naming, I do name them on my main miz file, but I don't think saving it as an stm copies the name. 

Hope this helps ? 

Hi Lloyd, yes, thank you. The way the missions, templates and assets are currently worked does not make it easy to cherry pick the best and combine them, which is a shame. Keep up the good work!

• Thanks 1

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

Awesome work mate, I’d started doing these and have quite a few done, this will save me a lot of effort. Legend!

I've done FOB Zangabad, Coyote, Hadrian and Walton. 

Zangabad

Screen_240712_211729.jpeg

Screen_240712_211816.jpeg

Screen_240712_212145.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
On 7/25/2024 at 4:21 AM, PeneCruz said:

Zangabad

Noice! Looks really good! 

And now for some Now Zad! From 2006/07.

ANP Hill 2.jpg

ANP Hill 1.jpg

Now Zad DC 1.jpg

Now Zad DC 2.jpg

Now Zad DC 3.jpg

Both the District Centre and ANP Hill, I have included both the miz file with scenery removed and the stm so you will need to add your own triggers.

Download here on user files;

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3339628/

Edited by Lloyd80
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can we ask that you guys ( and maybe rope Mr Goodnite in) can work together to get all these bases finished and issued on one template? That would be awesome.....

• Like 2