Possible Issue with Landings Being Recognized after the Update

Go to solution Solved by Gierasimov,

I noticed a few days ago that I'm not getting credit for landings.  I think this started right after the last update about a week ago. The one with the Afghanistan map being released. 

I tried to do everything that might make a difference including taxing parking, contacting the tower, and even shutting down the engine. My landings have been stuck at 106 for a while.  On a side note, I had some performance issues causing my landings to fail for several days after the update. I am fairly new so I didn't know if the PC or me causing all the fails while landing a Mustang. I reduced the frame rate and my landings started to be okay at that point. My PC is inadequate. 

One other thing I noticed after the update was "hearing voices." I'm adding some humor but I thought I was hearing voices while using DCS.  I was hearing voices, they were coming from the Supercarrier. The background voices you can hear at the boss's station shut off when I left the Supercarrier but would return when I went to the P51 and started an instant mission. I'm not sure if they were there with other missions. I discovered that if I went to the landing officers' station before I left the Supercarrier the voices did not follow me. I'm wondering if maybe something with the AI is left over from the Supercarrier and interfering with the AI during landing. 

I have a video of a full flight (An instant mission for the final approach) that shows no landing noted in the debrief. I've tried other landings at different airports and no landing in those either.

Thanks for the help.

Edited by Stormheart

Posted (edited)

The patch notes released today indicated this was fixed. It is not fixed, it is worse. It used to show the AI aircraft with take-offs in the debrief. Now it doesn't show that nor are my landings showing and they are still stuck at 106. They were at 106 when I made the first post 🙂I don't think it matters but I am on Steam.

null

image.png

Edited by Stormheart
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Solution
Posted (edited)

Hi. Your report here could have been missed as this is NOT the case of AI aircraft bug, so you posted in the wrong section

Issue reported: 

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/353858-296-single-player-logbook-landing-is-not-counted-in-statistics-or-displayed/#comment-5489388

Edited by Gierasimov
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

12 hours ago, Gierasimov said:

Hi. Your report here could have been missed as this is NOT the case of AI aircraft bug, so you posted in the wrong section

I am trying to recall the proper way to quote now. 🙂 I tired to push it down but it wouldn't let me. Seems like people didn't like top quoting. 

In any case, thanks. It is difficult for me to find the proper place to post anything there.  I did look for other places to post but I never saw that one 

It seems like AI and it is an Aircraft but not combat. 😛 It has nothing to do with installation. 😛  I don't mean to argue, just pointing out how hard it is. Again, thanks.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Flappie said:

The TAKEOFF / LANDING event issue is reported.

Thanks, Now I wish I could figure out where to post in the forum. 😛

This is not a mission editor bug. I don't understand why that location was better than this one. I did not set up a mission. I flew an instant mission. 

7 hours ago, Stormheart said:

This is not a mission editor bug. I don't understand why that location was better than this one. I did not set up a mission. I flew an instant mission. 

It's technically a trigger issue (even though you're not making the mission) which is what makes mission editor the appropriate place for it.  It's not always obvious where things need to go when you're newer to the forums, so just do your best and it will get moved if appropriate.

• Like 1