How many here play MP?

T.Goat

Hey everyone. I dabbled in Lomac, but was kinda hamstrung by a bad computer and stability issues, and missed FC completely, but since I've upgraded, I'm looking at BS. I was just wondering what kind of multiplayer community there is? How much do latency/location matter? Thanks:thumbup:

would have worked better as a poll!:)

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32 GB, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, RTX 3090 FE, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,TM TPR, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q, Virpil Control Panel#2

I play on servers all over the place and get between 11ping-150 ... even the higher end ping's it's still smooth.

I think the community is growing, now that the DVD version of the sim is out I think more people are buying.

I spend 99% of my time in the shark online, there's just something more rewarding flying in a living breathing world. :)

Often you can get a group of guys in a server to team up...to be successful in the shark you should always at least fly in groups of 2, elements of 4 are best, you can cover all your angles that way :)

I'm playing with my squadron. So far I'm seeing an average of like 10 servers up at any given time with an average of about a dozen or so pilots active. But I'm sure that will grow over time.

Topgun505

Win 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700k, Evga GTX 1080 FTW, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, Alienware 34" 2K LED, TrackIR 5 Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Rudder, Thrustmaster MFDs x3, Razer Nostromo n52.

Well, that seems good enough. Maybe I'll try to join up with a squad if/when I learn to fly the shark. I'm Canadian, but in Europe for the next couple weeks, hopefully I'll be able to find a DVD copy in a store somewhere.

I've played almost exclusively online. Its more fun with real people when simming IMO. Its also invaluable to play along side guys who have already been there done that when learning all the systems in the Shark. I'd be screwed if I didn't have someone to tell me to turn off my Nav target so I can receive a data link or tell me my gears still down 50nm away from base!

welcome to the farm...online play is very good if not great...i would tell you to find a BS server that also runs a teamspk or vent server as well..most of the guys that i have meet an flown with run a comms program.(a must).cus we all have to start somewhere and most will help you out with any trouble you have...sysm ck off, trimming,flight ,wpns..what ever just ask....you will find more servers in europe then in the states..i would tell you setup your puter on the lowest settings and set your res. to something on the low side as well and play it by ear to find your ..lol happy place in the sky..hope tht helps..5x5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

Well, I'll hopefully learn the basics of the shark before I go online, don't want to be a complete n00b. But I'll need to get a TiR too...And a better CPU would be nice...the upgrades never end :P

Nice to see another Canadian learning the Shark. :)

I fly multiplayer but due to job, etc. I'm more of a weekend warrior. :)

PM me if you want to fly together sometime. Or if you need help with learning anything I might be able to help a bit. In my case, I learned to fly the shark online with a couple of buddies who were learning it at the same time. It's nice to put a couple heads together when trying to figure the ol' bird out. :)

-Mack

I've been flying multi lately I play mostly on servers with servman mod it keep the TK'ers at bay I ran into a couple past day but before I could tell them off the server booted them :thumbup:

Sincerely,

Viper169th

P.S.

Make sure to read the breifings ;)

i really enjoy a good old multi play game in BS

my favorite is the 159th server :thumbup: all though i haven't had the time lately its been about a month now

HP TouchSmart IQ816 / 25.5" HD touch screen / 9600GS 512/ Core 2 Duo 2.16 / 4GB RAM / VISTA 64 / CH Fighterstick

I actually play mostly singleplay, though I've been up on the 159th and ka50.com servers a couple of times and would heartily recommend them for some kickass fun and nice people. I would be online more but RL is making me be a bit conservative about my playtime (it's bad enough that I have to spend most of my time at the computer even if I don't fly the sim every day. :P ).

But overall I have only good impressions of Black Shark's online community.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I'd like to play multiplayer, but it's a little daunting.

Does changing the .lua files (for multiple monitors, and touch buddy) impact the multiplayer portion?

CRX-Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K;4090; Varjo Aero; Winwing UFC/HUD/MFDs/Throttle/PTO Panel/Combat Panel; Winwing F-18 joystick; Buttkickers; Monstertech flight seat; PointCTRL.

Is there a way to re-read the briefing in-game?

Yes - press ESC then FLY but don't press FLY second time - just close the window with X in up-right corner near BRIEFING word.

I play MP more often than SP but I'm kinda dissapionted there are less people playing BS than LO:FC.

Edited by Poko24

I'd like to play multiplayer, but it's a little daunting.

Does changing the .lua files (for multiple monitors, and touch buddy) impact the multiplayer portion?

It shouldn't. And don't be too nervous about trying MP, on many public servers you'll have players doing their own thing, and there's a great deal of difference in player skills anyway. I would avoid any player-versus-player missions for a while though. Co-op is a much nicer way to ease yourself into multiplayer.

Also, finding a squad that's not on the other side of the world from you (to keep pings down) would help. Most squads will have voice-com servers (we use Teamspeak) and it's much easier to co-ordinate with others using voice.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Australian Air Force

Sounds promising, last time I looked I found it hard to find some flight buddies.

Think MP is the way forward for both fun and the learning curve, will have to check it out soon to steal info on the shark :)

Q6600 3.2Ghz, 4G DDR2 1066, ATI 4870, x52, TrackIR 4, Vista 64

I think right now a lot of people are still learning the game, so they haven't gone online yet. Also, I think it's very unfortunate that BS does not have VOIP, that really brings down the MP experience a lot IMO. VOIP is a must for any simulation/tactical based game.