what is a good technique for landing on farps?

Bee_Sting

SATURATION Y

Hello btaft,

It can be helpful to lower the saturationY in the BS axis tuning. This lowers the maximum input of the chosen axis and makes fine maneuvering easier. It is not a turn and burn dogfight sim, so full control input is not really needed.

how much should i lower the saturation Y?(in the pitch and how much in the roll)

Hey JG14,

I actually prefer to keep the Sat levels at their default and just work at having a softer touch during hover etc.. The only axis I have altered have been the micro-stick that I use for moving the optical sensor.

I find a little practice here goes a long ways. I am by no means a great pilot but I am getting better all the time. I can routinely land at FARPS (even if it does seem to take a while sometimes)

Sorry if this is a repeat but didn't want to read all the posts. (Laziness comes with age)

My technique: Open the door.

Simple but it really helps. The key to hovering is knowing where to look and detecting drift before it requires large corrections.

Also, related to above, try approaching the LZ from the left looking out that open door.

Smokin' Hole

Edited by ericinexile
  • Like 1

Smokin' Hole

My DCS wish list: Su25, Su30, Mi24, AH1, F/A-18C, Afghanistan ...and frankly, the flight sim world should stop at 1995.

Try switching the flight director on. No autopilot interfering, so I can get much smoother landings with that

^^^^^

And this too!

Smokin' Hole

My DCS wish list: Su25, Su30, Mi24, AH1, F/A-18C, Afghanistan ...and frankly, the flight sim world should stop at 1995.