Music in 1.01a

Esac_mirmidon

I am trying to add my own broadcast station like in version 1.0 but it seems quite difficult. I feel lost with the changes.

Could someone tell me how is the procedure now step by step? Where is the file sample_duration_table?

In this example what is wrong?

},

["Mirmi"] = {

name="Mirmi",

type = BEACON_BROADCAST_STATION,

position = {

latitude = 42.843055,

longitude = 41.132777,

height = 004.0,

course = 0

},

frequency = 125700000.0,

power = 1500.0,

modulation = "AM",

content = {

[1] = {

startTime = 0 * 3600 + 0 * 60 + 0,

stopTime = 0 * 3600 + 0 * 60 + 0,

period = 30.0 * 60.0,

priority = 1,

sources = {"C:\\Archivos de programa\\Eagle Dynamics\\Ka-50\\Sounds\\Samples\\RadioMirmi/"}

Thanks in advance, in attached files is my Beacons file if someone want to help me

Beacons.rar

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

That has happened to me miridon, no sample duration table and no music randomisation, although the music actually plays fine, it just wont shuffle the playback like it used to, so now the music plays in the same order every single time even with the rand = true, so i dunno whats happened.

I made a post yesterday but i dont think anyone has replied to it yet.

Edited by bumfire

P.S i did find a sample duration table file, but it was in the virtual store in the appdata folder, i deleted it and restarted the game and it made no difference whatsoever, if you delete it from there it doesnt re-appear once you start the game again like it used to before the patch.

Thanks for your replies.

The problem is that i can´t hear nothing with this settings, the same that in my previous 1.0 version.

And i don´t know if is enough to edit the beacons.lua file. The radio antenna shows just after editing the file and launching the game?

I someone could read my beacons.lua and enlighten me?

I only want the same behaviour like before. Adjust the frequency on the radio and start listen to the music in random order all the time i left the frequency open.

Thanks in advance.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

I can get the music to play no problem whilst the radio is tuned to that frequency but it just wont randomise :(

Your beacons.lua file is missing the rand = true entry so if and when you get the music to play and you can hear it, it wont randomise, so you will listen to the music in the same order all the time...

I am not sure if you have read the patch read me file yet ? as it explains about the new radio features and how to set them up.

this is my beacons file for radio mayak and that works without random playback. I have found that if I place my music in the section marked [1] the music wont play, it only plays in the [2] section.

["Mayak"] = {

name="Mayak",

position = {

latitude = 44.744348,

longitude = 40.093099,

height = 220.0,

course = 0

},

frequency = 125675000.0,

power = 1500.0,

modulation = "AM",

content = {

[1] = {

period = 30.0 * 60.0,

priority = 1,

sources = {"RadioMayak\\!RadioMayak.wav"}

},

[2] = {

rand = true,

cycled = true,

interruptable = true,

priority = 0,

sources = { "RadioMayak\\Music/" }

In your file you have the same start and stop times, delete this line stopTime = 0 * 3600 + 0 * 60 + 0, and it should then play.

Edited by bumfire

Last try. I am very frustrated because in version 1.0 i was able to do it right.

This is how my beacons.lua looks now.

["Mayak"] = {

name="Mayak",

position = {

latitude = 42.856944,

longitude = 41.129722,

height = 010.0,

course = 0

},

frequency = 125700000.0,

power = 1500.0,

modulation = "AM",

content = {

[1] = {

period = 30.0 * 60.0,

priority = 1,

sources = {"c:\\MUSIC\\RadioMirmi\\1.wav", c:\\MUSIC\\RadioMirmi\\2.wav", c:\\MUSIC\\RadioMirmi\\3.wav", c:\\MUSIC\\RadioMirmi\\4.wav", c:\\MUSIC\\RadioMirmi\\5.wav", c:\\MUSIC\\RadioMirmi\\6.wav", c:\\MUSIC\\RadioMirmi\\7.wav", c:\\MUSIC\\RadioMirmi\\8.wav", c:\\MUSIC\\RadioMirmi\\9.wav", c:\\MUSIC\\RadioMirmi\\10.wav", c:\\MUSIC\\RadioMirmi\\11.wav", c:\\MUSIC\\RadioMirmi\\12.wav", c:\\MUSIC\\RadioMirmi\\13.wav", c:\\MUSIC\\RadioMirmi\\14.wav", c:\\MUSIC\\RadioMirmi\\15.wav",}

},

[2] = {

rand = true,

cycled = true,

interruptable = true,

priority = 0,

sources = { "c:\\MUSIC\\RadioMirmi/" }

And this is what i want. I have 15 wav songs in C:MUSIC\RadioMirmi. The songs names are 1.wav to 15.wav. I want i radio broadcast station in 42º 51 25 41º 07 47, height 10 meters. And i only want to select the frequency 125-700 and listen the music randomly without stop until i change the frequency again.

If someone could edit a beacons.lua with this settings and send it i really appreciate the help.

Sorry for my incompetence but i can´t make this work.

Thanks in advance

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well i made some hard investigation and this are my results:

The default Mayak Station works perfect.

If i add my own wav songs to the default folder all works perfect.

If i change the default location ( coordinates ) of the default station, all works well.

And now the problems. In the original beacons.lua file the HEIGHT of the radio station is 220 meters, but inside the mission and with external view the HEIGHT is 199 meters.

Making some experiments, if i edited the default Mayak station to 199 meters in beacons.lua, the music and the antenna disappears and did not work. But if i change the location to anywhere inside 80 km + -, example; a location at 21 meters inside de mission, and i edited de beacons.lua to 42 meters ( 21 + 21 that is the difference i could see inside beacons.lua ) all works perfect.

So, to make the station work in a different place you need to add 21 meters to the height you read inside de mission in external view.

And now the most weird problem.

If i try to add a second station with new corrdinates and the height + 21 meters, both Mayak default station and the new station dont show at all. They are missing both of them. The original Mayak don´t work at all neither the new one ( for example in Anapa )

In attached files is my beacons.lua with two broadcast stations. ( note that the location of the original Mayak station is in a different place that works perfect if i only edit the original station without adding a second one)

If someone could help me i really will appreciated so much because this damm thing drives me crazy.

Beacons 2 stations.rar

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hmmm, I guess they messed up the radio in the patch ?

Can I ask, when you were listening to radio mayak and when it was working perfect, did the msuic randomise for you ? cuz I cant get it to do that no matter what I do.

BTW, try this if you want, move all your music from the first sources line and leave that empty, so it should look like this

[1] = {

period = 30.0 * 60.0,

priority = 1,

sources = {"c:\\MUSIC\\}

And then put all your music in the radiomirmi folder, as I had similar problem that I fixed by changing location.

2] = {

rand = true,

cycled = true,

interruptable = true,

priority = 0,

sources = { "c:\\MUSIC\\RadioMirmi/" }

Basically all you are doing is moving the music from one directory to another, as the msuic wouldnt play for me if I had the music in the wrong place.

1.- With the original beacons.lua file and the original settings all the songs in the default music folder plays in the same order ALWAYS.

2.- If i edit the file with a new path for my music folder like C:\\MUSIC\\RadioMirmi/ not only the music and the radio don´t work but also the radio antenna disappears from the map.

Please if any beta tester or ED member could take a couple of minutes to check this i really appreciate your help.

i am very interested in fill every airbase of the map with his own radio broadcast station but is impossible for me to do that.

Thanks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It´s a pitty that this feature don´t interest enough to be commented more.

Radio Mayak workers would be dismissed very soon. They can´t emit outside Maykop. XDD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 months later...

Thanks EB for the link, but it doesnt help in this regard :( I wish it did as random music is sorely missed, me and Esac did a lot of troubleshooting to try and get it working again, on our own might I add and nothing that we did got random music to work again after the patch was applied.

I am installing DCS again in a weeks time once i rebuild my pc, so once I have done that I will know if music randomisation works out of the box on a fresh install of the patched version, if it doesnt I will try your above link again to see if it was the syntax on my previous install that was messed up.

Thanks.