Preferred language in missions

Hi,

I was wondering, when you are flying a mission/campaign where you are pilot of Russian armed forces Ka-50, and the mission/campaign have integrated triggered voice communications (between the aircraft and ATC, FAC, AOC, etc), what would you prefer most:

1.Russian voice with English subtitles,

2.English voice with English/American accent with or without subtitles, or

3.English voice with Russian accent with or without subtitles.

Personally I think that first solution would sound most realistic (since you actually are a Russian pilot in that mission/campaign), but I also remember that I had big problems when I was flying “Deployment” campaign, where voices were on Russian with English subtitles, and there were several occasions when I was too busy in the cockpit to read subtitles of my communication with, for example FAC, what caused additional troubles for me.

On the other hand wouldn’t it be strange to be a Russian pilot and to hear transmission like: “Night Thunder 3-1, proceed to IP Delta, and report ready for Target Brief, break, break, Armageddon 2-2, visual, cleared hot.”? Hmmm…

I’m looking for your opinion since I plan to make some missions/campaigns that would include a lot of triggered communications.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

lol.....im currently making a campaign with no speech. Don't think my voice acting is up for any kind of challenge! Maybe if I get time I may add some, but it'll be dodgy as hell!!

For other's missions, would prefer English speech (with or without accent) / English subtitles personally.

IMO only Russian with English subtitles. This is for me best solution to get real dialog and English texts.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Thats actualy a good question. What do people think about English with Russian accent? Might be worth a try for me to hear what sounds more silly, my German accented English or an artificial Russian accented English.

English voices is actually a question of realism for me. I think it is realistic as a Russian Ka-50 pilot to understand the language spoken on the radio :)

Edited by MBot

Thats actualy a good question. What do people think about English with Russian accent? Might be worth a try for me to hear what sounds more silly, my German accented English or an artificial Russian accented English.

English voices is actually a question of realism for me. I think it is realistic as a Russian Ka-50 pilot to understand the language spoken on the radio :)

I think russian is best and authentic with english subs (or even in another language), cuz it's a russian chopper. Translating it into another language with russian accent sounds ridiculous to me. It's like english films translated into german. You miss 50% of the real atmosphere. So I watch it in the original language.

I used to love her, but I had to kill her

I had to put her, six feet under

And I can still hear her complain

A tribute to BBetty and NNadja

:bye_3:

I would vote English voice with Russian accent. I love this sim, but not enough to learn Russian. I too have a tough time trying to read subtitles when trying to concentrate on flying and fighting in the Black Shark. Russian accented English....that would be the perfect fix. We need some of these campaigns/missons built IMO, I can't find any out there now. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places.

Rock on, be strong! :thumbup:

• 1 month later...

I don’t like subtitles in the game; its not realistic or immersive to communicate by reading text that floats around in the cockpit, and, as already mentioned, it’s not practical to read the text when your getting over tasked. I would like some English voices with accents. Sure, it’s not realistic to have English voices in a Ka-50, but I’m not looking for an authentic Russian experience, I just want to fly an attach helicopter. :joystick:

The thing is that if I where a real pilot flying a KA-50 for russia, I would be russian myself or I would at least speak russian and well this is a simulation and to hear my commander over my radio speaking russian makes no sense to me cause I cant understand it and to read a text on my screen does not reflect realism at all. It would be more realistic to have the choise of a voice in english with russian accent and for me to pretend that I know russian. Right now I sit in my bird, my commander talks over the radio and I go like; WTF??? and then I have to read what he is saying fast as hell before its gonne.

I would like to have the choise to choose english voice with russian accent.

If I could I would learn Russian but it is a bit over the top even for DCS BS imo :)

Edited by Kirai

Go Ugly Early

All depends on how fast a reader you are. :P

(And, if you are in singleplayer, if you know where the pause key is.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Depends on who you are I guess. With the new skins, I personally consider myself an English speaking pilot attached to whatever unit I am flying with (American, Canadian, British) flying the appropiately marked Ka-50 for my situtation so long as they are allied with Russia.