Dreaded Crash - Log Book Lost

barra733

My computer crashed after I'd finished one of the campaign missions. When I loaded BS back up again I had no pilot log (only the default one showing no hours etc.) and all the campaigns I had completed are shown as inactive - i.e. not started.

Any ideas where my log book has gone? There's no logbook info in the scripts/logbook folder...:helpsmilie:

Logbook ?

Gents,

I have recently installed the patch for BS, since doing so I have not been seeing any scores for the missions I am running in campaign mode. I am doing the original campaigns that came with the game not a addon and everytime I finish the mission, it says "MISSION COMPLETE" gives me my 100% mission completion score and I exit out after landing. Then I go and look at my logbook to see where my new score is and it has me as having no A/A kills or A/G kills. Anyone having this issue or any solutions to it? Thanks for any help.

You may have to delete the Players.lua and then start the game according to this post:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=705836&postcount=3

Anyway - just to clarify why this happened:

Your system crashed - any unwritten data / or data in the process of being committed to file(s) may be corrupted. Unfortuntely it was you logbook this time - but keep your eyes open for other files in your system - you may have gotten a system damage due to the problems of files being written just as the system crashes.

It may be wise to do a few CHKDSK runs.

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

Kill tally?

Salutations.

I just recently noticed that there seems to be a problem with the kill tally, at least in my case. I've flown about 6 deployment campaign missions so far, getting numerous kills, yet my tally reads 0 air to air and 0 air to ground.

Is this a common issue, or am I missing something?

Thank you.

Itkovian

I have this, too, and have tried running in admin mode but to no avail. Search this forum for logbook - there are a few other threads dealing with the same or similar issue.

P45 Platinum, Q9550 @ 3.33Ghz, HD6970 w/2gb, X-Fi Titanium PCIE, 4gb RAM, ANTEC 1000watt PSU, Lian Li PC-A71 case, Win7 64bit, CH Throttle and Fighterstick, Saitek Pro Pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip Pro, 3 x Samsung SyncMaster 2443

This is very strange indeed. That said, I am running this on XP, so I don't think running as admin applies in this case.

Also, my mission counts is still there, but not the kills. So if I go to the campaign menu it will show 8 missions flown, and it will take me to my next mission, but the kills all say 0 (both on the campaign selection screen and my logbook).

Itkovian