HMS/Shkval reticle Fix

Duke49th

Hi all.

First, sorry for my english, hope you all understand what I mean and the Mod does...

After found this Thread:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=584093&postcount=6

- I make it as an Addon.

It is ModMan compatible

NOTE: Track reproduceability will be broken.

Download: http://hifi-sims.com/component/remository/Downloads/Black-Shark/Mods/DCS-BS-Configs/Dukes-HMS-Reticle-%28view-shift%29-Fix.html

HMS_RETICLE_1.jpg

Readme:

Deutsch:

!!!Achtung!!!

Verдndert Werte beim abspielen/aufnehmen von Tracks. Bitte vorher diesen Mod deaktivieren.

Was dieser Mod macht:

Normalerweise hat man beim Benutzen des HMS, eine Abweichung von 11° zwischen tatsдchlichem Blickpunkt und dem Shkval Reticle(Raute).

Diese Mod verдndert den Wert auf 0°. Damit ist es nun mцglich, den Shkval Sensor immer exakt dort hin zu bekommen, wo man auch tatsдchlich hinschaut.

Nicht 100% realistisch, aber sehr nьtzlich wenn man TrackIR benutzt.

ModMan Kompatibel

Englisch:

!!!!!WARNING!!!!!

***track reproduceability will be broken***

***Uninstall before watching or creating Tracks!***

This Addon set the value of the vertical shift for the HMS/Shkval reticle to 0° for easier targeting. (Original 11°)

Normally when using the HMS and you try to target anything.

The HMS-reticle will shift and doesn't point exactly wehere you are looking at.

The standard value is 11°. I set it to 0°. Now it matches all the time,

no matter where you're looking at or what zoom you use.

Very helpful when using TrackIR.

ModMan compatible

Edited by Duke49th
  • Like 2

Great work!

Thanks! :thumbup:

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Dunno but when I changed value posted by Alex O'kean I had this same without this mod :)

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

I guess it's the same - just that this mod saves you some time to change the values manually ;)

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Fix? It is not broken here. Both 1.0 and 1.01 works good (like your AFTER picture).

Why did you need to fix it? Am I missing something?

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

It wasn't "fix" cos it is realistic, but when we have 1 monitor where we look onto two eyes it looks not comfortable. This is why we can change this value.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Yeah, sure...it is not really a fix.

How would you call it? Improvement? Sorry...my english, you know;)

As Boberro (Let me say, I prefer Eva Mendez) said, it is not realistic. It is a help.

The rason why I make it a Mod is because, I found the Post with the value's (month ago), changed it and then reinstall the game. I need hours of searching to find the Post again.

And that's why I make it a Addon.

No more need to search the whole Forum;) And second, quickly turn on/off the mod....i.e. when you need to make or watch a track.

Edit:

Fix? It is not broken here. Both 1.0 and 1.01 works good (like your AFTER picture).

Why did you need to fix it? Am I missing something?

When you are looking outside, with the HMS, close to your Helo and let the Shkval follow your HMS ("eyepice" thing) then you have a "vertical shift" of 11° - at least with TrackIR 6dof. Just like in the "Before" picture. Don't know how it looks without TrackIR :D

v_angle_shift = 11 math.rad(11)
changed to
v_angle_shift = 0 --math.rad(11)

Edited by Duke49th

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
What exactly do you mean by "Track reproducibility"? NVM

After you have used the HMS the track produces errors. It will come with time more and more errors: false heading, false shootingdirection, false aircraft handling, false missionresults, etc. etc..

I think the HMS is mounted slightly offset because for reasons of view.The HMS hinder you if the HMS directly mounted in front of your left eye.

• 4 months later...

Link is taking me to some Chinese garbage site. Does anyone have a different link? I reinstalled BS and lost this mod somewhere.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aaron

i7 2600k@4.4ghz, GTX1060-6gb, 16gb DDR3, T16000m, Track IR5

BS2-A10C-UH1-FC3-M2000-F18C-A4E-F14B-BF109

• 5 months later...

what happened to this mod I had it but now its missing?

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

• 2 years later...
  • 8 months later...