Can't set any options

Tornado_Pilot

......plus, when i click the options tab, i get some kind of error message consisting some .lua filenames.

Crazy...

If possible, post a Screenshot of the Error Message.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

I don't think your option.lua is corrupt. Post a screenshot as Viper said. Also if you only have 1.0.1 try updating to 1.0.1a, and/or running the program as administrator under Vista/7.

Lead Admin/Founder of Kilo-Tango Gaming Community

Did you install it in the program files directory, in Vista? If so, it is possible that as TKMR mentioned, you need to run it as administrator. Vista and 7 will require that for the changing of files in that directory, and settings are stored in files that have to be changed - which you then might not be given access to by your operating system.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

@Tornado_pilot

Try to switch your locale to English/GB, perhaps this solves your problem.

There are several people having problems with the 1.0.1b patch and a german OS, requiering to change the locale to something anglo american to enter the settings (I'm one of them :) )

i7 2600K - 8GB - Win7/64 - Radeon R9 280 / 3GB

ok problems after problems...

wanted to try the skhval today, found it as mapped on "POV 2" on my X45. tried every POV, but the skhval screen didnt move.

also tried to load some other .lua files, but got error messages on every .lua file, maybe they were just the wrong lua files.

i also tried the pov 3 and 4 in the key list, but i cant get the skhval to move, unless i map it to pov 1 which is used for moving around the camera.

are my lua files corrupt? besides that, everything on the controller works fine

re-install into a directory that is not C:\Program Files\

and then you won't have to run as admin, which means you probabbly won't get tangled in the virtual store.

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

If you install in Program Files and have Windows set to a stringent security scheme (in Vista, pretty much all schemes, at least compared to XP :P ), you can encounter problems such as this.

This is because in Vista, the programs you start do not automatically gain your own access priviliges. So when the game decides it needs to access a file - it ends up given the finger by the OS since it has not been given permission to touch the Program Files folder.

And before you ask - yes, this is a good thing. It basically means that just because you may have access to something, a program you start that happens to have a Trojan payload will not automatically have the same access. It basically decreases the options available for crackers who might want to take control of your computer for whatever reason (use in a zombie-net or whatever).

So, from appearances, installing outside of the Program Files folder would be the way to go. Personally I always keep my games in a separate folder anyway (C:\Games) to keep things neatly organized - that way I don't have to wade through the entire Program Files folder when I want to ensure that a game I uninstalled didn't leave a bunch of crap on the HDD.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

You can set the properties of the file, so that it will always run in admin, but that really is not the answer!

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

So you have BS installed now. Could you post here the value for "Path" in the registry:

For 32 bit Windows: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Eagle Dynamics\BlackShark

For x64 bit Windows: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Eagle Dynamics\BlackShark

929d768ca6a69127d1f9c61ea94c02e8.gif [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] =653=Tez

If BS is installed into a sub directory as per normal try changing the path to C:\SPiele\Eagle Dynamics\KA-50

if you have installed BS into the directory SPiele, rather than a sub directory

try C:\SPiele