Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC ×
Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC

A-10A vs A-10C side panels

rocketeer

I know the new A-10C front panel have the two MFDs and a different weapons control panel compared to the A model. Does ED or anyone else know what are the differences for the left and right panels between the A and C models? From a high level picture the panels look the same as the A model's.

From the released pictures of the C model by ED earlier it's not detailed enough so I can't make out the details to compare against the A model.

Just can't find detailed pictures of the C model side panels on google.

931879749_A-10C20DCS20Cockpit20Lower.jpg.fd736d7ef50feea8dc3edbe723a2602d.jpg

They are pretty much the same. There are a couple pieces that may or may not be installed depending on the role the jet is assigned too. Here is a good book u might check out. It has several pics of the A, B, and C models.

WHERE is that book?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog :: Saitek Rudder :: Track IR5 ::

EVGA 3 GB GTX580 :: AMD FX-8120 :: SSD 240 GB :: Win7 Ultimate 64

Here is a good book u might check out. It has several pics of the A, B, and C models.

Thanks for the info. I'm aware of this book's existence, but I thought it's only about the A model. By pics of the C model, hopefully that includes a detailed picture of each of the panels. Since I have pictures of the A model, I can do a comparison. Think I'd buy the book.

Has anyone bought the book before and can confirm that it has detailed pictures of the side panels for the C model? I'm trying to do a preparation (although it sounds early right now) for the A-10C cockpit for the DCS release. Making the panels and switches will take a long time to design and make. So if I know how the panels for the C model will look like I can have a head start.

I have it. There are actually only 2 pages of cockpit photos specifically for the A-10C version which do show both side panels. But it does explain that with the exception of I think 2 instruments (radio/iff related and yes there is photo of it) the rest is unchanged. That said, from the photos it does appear that the arrangement of the radio stack on the left panel may be configured a little different depending on whether the new secure radio is installed or not which is dependant on the role the aircraft is assigned to (training/duty).

Intel i7 990X, 6GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 470 x2 SLI, Win 7 x64

http://picasaweb.google.com/sweinhart

a10%20cockpit.jpeg

Looks like there are several differences, especially on the right panel.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Looks like there are several differences, especially on the right panel.

I would guess that it depends largely on what evolution of the A-10A you compare to the C. Even the C has already different versions by now it seems (e.g. MWS).

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

I have it. There are actually only 2 pages of cockpit photos specifically for the A-10C version which do show both side panels. But it does explain that with the exception of I think 2 instruments (radio/iff related and yes there is photo of it) the rest is unchanged. That said, from the photos it does appear that the arrangement of the radio stack on the left panel may be configured a little different depending on whether the new secure radio is installed or not which is dependant on the role the aircraft is assigned to (training/duty).

can you pictures of the two pages? I'm curious what I'd get when I buy the book.

Thanks.

Yes, that would be illegal. However, I promise that if you need a good reference for the A-10 in any model, you will not find anything better out there, with the possible exception of the actual flight manual. But, the Hog Guide has extensive pictorial documentation, whereas the flight manual is illustrated. However, if all you want to know is the differences between the panels I can clear that up for you. :)

As sobek pointed out, there really are a multitude of different configurations in use. As far as I can make out from screenshots of the DCS Hog cockpit, the differences are as such:

Left console: Just one difference here: the TV panel has been moved down to make room for a panel with various Autopilot settings.

Right console: The ECM and CDU have been upgraded from the A model, and the CDU has a new companion panel directly below it. The ECM panel has also switched places with the Caution panel. The Countermeasures panel is missing in the C model (probably handled almost entirely with the new HOTAS), and the ILS panel is now located between the TACAN and COMP panels.

a10c013wa3.thumb.jpg.03a2b20fde7338f58d891e6644c33778.jpg

console_left_CAD_ref.thumb.jpg.949e8b256d74d206e96dbd17bf6fc08a.jpg

console_right.thumb.jpg.7d6ee7d49f0c87e19c8555e6a5c1061c.jpg

Thanks for the info. If it's mostly just moving the panels around, I'm ok with it. The design of my cockpit will be flexible to move the panels around instead of drilling specific hole positions.

By countermeasures you mean the chaff/flare panel is missing in the C model? That's good to know. Then I won't make that panel.