39 members have voted

1. 1. For you the priority of an army should be

• attack drones/unmanned airframes
    • intelligence : satellites network / spies networks
    • ground attack planes
    • out of enemy response weapons like sea launched missiles
    • fighters
    • carriers
    • task force (amphibious ships with their logistics tanks attack helos ...)
    • units defensive ability
    • long range bombers
    • other develop

if you were a high ranked general of your country what would you give first priority to :

i voluntary excluded the nuclear dissuasion i wanted to add the anti-missile shield as possibility but it wasn't possible . i'm not talking nuclear here just without the nuclear weapons , these weapons being the most powerful right now i believe it's unavoidable for the countries that can afford that arsenal

several choices possible

Edited by jpm1

Intelligence is a force multiplier and can win wars.

Having lots of military units is useless without good intelligence.

Excellent inteligence makes a small force have the greatest inpact even against desperate numerical disavantages.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

^^^^why? because you disagree often? :D

My PC specs below:

This question kind of simplifies the things, cause if you want your army to be effective you do not give priorities to this branch or that one. If you want your army to be able to complete variety of tasks, to defend against different forms of attack and to have the capabilities of penetrating various enemy defense systems, you should not have priorities. At least not in long terms. Priority can be given though in case you have neglected one part of your armed forces creating a week spot in your defense/attack capabilities. Military technology and strategies based on them are dynamic. Success and effectiveness of your own require fast response and countering for any new piece of tech the real or potential enemy has/is developing/might acquire. Investing in and developing mainly one part of the military forces at the expense of the others makes you vulnerable.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

isnt it the other way arround? :D

My PC specs below:

isnt it the other way arround? :D

Yep. ;)

Intelligence is the only valid answer. In theory, you can buy or hire everything else. You want your intelligence to be proprietary, IMO. And I'd want my intelligence OFFENSIVE, as in I go out and get it, not just passive. :D

Edited by RedTiger

if you were a high ranked general of your country what would you give first priority to :

The Troops under my Command.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Honestly my top priority would be to make sure that the army, is just that an army ie. All personell motivated,fit,smart,discplined, can work as a team, good command stucture, excellant training. Overall I would make its that the army could conduct missions entirely without heavily sophisticated support etc. Then I would concertate on the other stuff.

To INVENT an Airplane is Nothing.

To BUILD One is Something.

But to FLYis EVERYTHING.

- Otto Lilienthal

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This question kind of simplifies the things, cause if you want your army to be effective you do not give priorities to this branch or that one. If you want your army to be able to complete variety of tasks, to defend against different forms of attack and to have the capabilities of penetrating various enemy defense systems, you should not have priorities. At least not in long terms. Priority can be given though in case you have neglected one part of your armed forces creating a week spot in your defense/attack capabilities. Military technology and strategies based on them are dynamic. Success and effectiveness of your own require fast response and countering for any new piece of tech the real or potential enemy has/is developing/might acquire. Investing in and developing mainly one part of the military forces at the expense of the others makes you vulnerable.

in theory you're right the goal of that poll was to find what's most important for a country army in times of crisis and huge debts . maybe Russia can afford such military politic don't know but excelling in all military domains means you have lot of money and it's not the case of the majority of the countries nowadays , see the US they restricted their F-22 to less than 200 i remember an era they had something like 1000 of 2000 planes operational ...

concerning the poll , well Pilotasso did the right answer i think a good intelligence can easily make the difference but it's also a several possible options poll . so let's say intelligence #1 then i was surprised to see that long range weapons had 0 votes same for the amphibious ships don't know if i would have put them at #2 and #3 but for me they are future weapons . long range bombers are threatened by modern SAMS that can nearly it an object in space and a landing force is unavoidable to invade a zone , yes i think i would have done that :

#1 intelligence

#2 out of enemy response weapons sea launched missiles ..

#3 amphibious ships with logistics

#4 drones/unmanned aircrafts