to Tomcatz

john_X

can anyone help me to make the corelation between the 3d model and the skins file? my mod is almost finished with 5 skins made and animations finished but i cant release it because nobody tells me how to make it change the skins in the game. so please, if anyone is interested to have a very good f-16 model in fc 2 as soon as possible please teach me how to finish this mod, by corelating the skins file with the argument 70 and the other things, step by step..thank you

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John_X,

can you post the name of your texture files ?

First you have to create a .skins with the same name of your 3D model (example F-16C.skins)

In side you have :

models

{

lod = {"F-16C", 1000000};

collision = "F-16-COLLISION";

}

argument

{

argument = 70;

skin

{

value = 0.0;

material = {"F16C", "standart", "F16C-01.bmp"};

}

skin

{

value = 0.1;

material = {"F16C", "standart", "F16C-02.bmp"};

}

}

F16C is the name of your texture in 3DSmax

You have 10 standart slots value = 0.0 to 0.9, dont change it and your work will be easy.

You have to look in the 2 F-16C.lua files in \Scripts\Database\planes there you will see witch skin is assigned to witch AB or Country

in F-16C-2.lua :

color_scheme("{E45A7ECE-4199-4257-937D-5207435A5786}", _("IDF/AF F16C Standard"), 9),

color_scheme("{eeaab67f-6f15-4a5d-9b74-1c08ee971e9b}", _("USAFE 555th FS (AV) Aviano AFB"), 0),

color_scheme("{189e0024-e439-494c-8b7e-817a2884ab85}", _("PACAF 14th FS (MJ) Misawa AFB"), 1),

color_scheme("{65a85d13-351d-450d-84f9-c5cc528228cf}", _("PACAF 35th FW (WW) Misawa AFB"), 2),

color_scheme("{89c5ff57-d84c-4950-8109-dafd18e40143}", _("USAF 77th FS (SW) Shaw AFB"), 3),

color_scheme("{356613e0-28af-4ca1-ac5d-1c590bb213c6}", _("USAFE 22nd FS (SP) Spangdahlem AFB"), 4),

color_scheme("{382e7a6a-b29f-4881-9c28-d9ea192bc4c6}", _("USAF 414th CTS (WA) Nellis AFB"), 5),

color_scheme("{924ed5b8-c371-4315-b29f-c0be4ecb188d}", _("USAF 412th TW (ED) Edwards AFB"), 6),

color_scheme("{d00a836b-6c9c-40f9-a8c5-39501ae3a178}", _("USAF 147th FIG (EF) Ellington AFB"), 7),

F-16C.lua

color_scheme("{B7735F37-899E-4375-AAB5-F0ABB268C258}", _("Standard"), 0),

color_scheme("{B49DF322-F82E-4ceb-9BE3-1CC566F30515}", _("Standard Belgium"), 2),

color_scheme("{D8380D76-409C-4ca2-B8B9-E8C4DFEADD43}", _("AF F16 Standard"), 8),

You can add more textures but the you have to create new CLSID key's.

If you need hel contact me by MP.

EVAC : French fighter school on LockOn: Flaming Cliffs

Moding tutorials at C6

so,for every skin i make i have to create a different material in 3ds max? what's with the argument 70? when i animate the gear for example, when i set an argument i set it for rotation, scalation or position. which of them to set fot argument 70? and what to animate in argument 70?

Argument 70 is the skin argument.

You can test it with ED's model viewer

Go to argument 70 and test 0 to 1 value you will understand.

The .skin file will declare the Argument 70's values for the game. Only old CMD files have the argument 70 values inside.

so,for every skin i make i have to create a different material in 3ds max?
No, one matérial.

the .skins file is there for assign 10 textures to the same material.

If you're using more than one texture you have to declare all.

Show me your texture files and I will help you.

How many skins do you have and for one skin how many textures do you have ?

For example : For one F-15 Skin there are 2 texture files

Edited by Michelange

Moding tutorials at C6

well i have for now 8 skins at 2 textures each.each skin is named from variant1 to variant8. each texture is named for example for the variant1: variant1texture1 and variant1texture2. for the second skin it's variant2texture1 and variant2texture2 and so on... can you help me with the .skins file please? and tell me what it's to be done in 3ds max, so i can finish the mod? thank you. by the way i forgot to say. i modeled each version of viper so i have 4 versions including f-16 A(with the MLU) and f-16 C(2 versions block30-45 to block 52). can i include all of them in 1 mod? like in that mod with 2 different jets f-14 and f-18? after this mod is finished i''l need some help for my other finished mod soko j-22 orao which is waiting foe the same thing, .skins file.

Edited by john_X

This may help you : DCS BLACK SHARK – ADDING CUSTOM SKINS start read from page 23

In 3DSmax -> Material editor -> you load your skins in Bitmap Texture1.BMP and Texture2.BMP. (this are your main names)

In the .skins file

the firts skin will be Variant1Texture1 and Variant1Texture2

the second is Variant2Texture1 and Variant2Texture2

etc...

You dont have to declare all your variants in 3DSMAX (only a generic name of the textures), the .skins file is there to define de correspondance between the skins and slots in game.

Edited by Michelange

Moding tutorials at C6

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's no Mod. It is another Game. Falcon 4.0

For the cockpit this is definitely Eric Aeyes work.

The landscape may be FSX (too many trees for Falcon), sometime Aeyes works with FS developpers.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

i tihnk i know what you are talking about..those flickering lights..yes, it's a very good idea! thank you for noticing me about it, this will give to this mod a better credibility..and i'm opened for advices from anybody who has an idea. the problem is that i don't know what argument are those lights animated and the second thing is that it will delay the term of release. if anyone can help about the argument, please help. and i figured a very realistic condensing air for the mod but i don't know its argument too.. and, if i get some help with the skins(this meaning i release templates and 1 skin already made and those who know how do the rest of them), you will have the benefit of all 4 models: f-16A, f-16MLU, f16C block 50 and 52+)

Are there the differences in your 4 block versions like as in real life?

Strobe light arg: 83 (0 off, 1 on)

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

visually, yes. if you mean things like radar, and software things..no. i put 2 models in 1 .lom file like virevolte tigrou did with his single and double-seatter gripen.thank you for the argument. where exactly are those lights located, at the end of the wings?

Edited by john_X

Anti-collision strobe at the top of the tail. ;)

The anti-collision strobe blinks, as does the formation lights on the wings, the position lights near the air intake, and the position light on the tail.

Depends if the position switch is set to flash or steady. IMHO the strobe on the tail would be enough without being distracting...

Edited by Blaze

• 2 weeks later...

You need to add a keyframe after every 90 degrees of rotation. Lock-On doesn't recognize rotations more than 90 degrees. In other terms, don't make one long 360 degree animation, chop it into 4 parts.

Edit: Just press the "K" key every 25 frames to set a key at each 90deg point, and that should work. :)