to Tomcatz

john_X

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so what sim is ed's f-16 made for? lockon or dcs? what difference is between c and mlu/?

Yeah, probably for DCS, but if you own the game that gets it, there is nothing stopping you from importing it into Lock On... unless its that new format.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

so is my model necessary to be released? i can build the mlu version since i dont have the tail finished yet..anyway, i reduced the number of polys from 20.000 to 13.000 so probably the model will be somewhere around 18.000. and the visual effect isnt much changed..

i.thumb.jpg.1f690b7731a6d7640aa9234d983151b6.jpg

j.thumb.jpg.f337615133877c0b74dc2b5c82fc1ab0.jpg

k.thumb.jpg.caa679ec6b204782a569be3e14d70d42.jpg

l.thumb.jpg.88cbb412714d14058520891c9fd84ca5.jpg

• Like 1

Damned- that looks so good! Very fine project- Great!:thumbup: yes- 18thousands of polygons will produce in the result around 44thousands triangles. Thats a lot of work but useable for a normal pc nearly dual core 3.2GHz. Think that should be normaly hardware nowadays. Not just like me and my old 1.8GHz "troublemaker".

My very best wishes,

TOM

Born to fly but forced to work.

TomFliegerKLEIN.gif

John X nobody knows when ED F-16 will be released. Not with FC 2.0 for sure and i'm doubtful it will happened with next DCS module so we are probably talking years, so my anwser is YES keep going mate. And if You make double seater version of late F-16s, like block 52 for Poland and Greece i would give You a big kiss ;)

I'm not sure what happened with ED F-16, is it still in the making?!

I remember a post showing Su-25, MiG-29 and Su-27 models and we know new Su-25 model made it's way into FC2.0 but what's with the other two?

Are they on hold for DCS modules?

Having your F-16 availabe for LOFC and FC2.0 would be a great improvement so keep it up!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes Gigz, that's the one! Thanks!

There was a MiG-29 (9-12) model too, what' happened to it?

In some of the FC2.0 screenshots I see "old" LOMAC 1.0 model of a MiG-29 which isn't bad, in fact, 9-12 was one of the best models at the time but it was slightly inaccurate so I believed FC2.0 would present a newer model?!

Sorry for OT!

Now on topic:

TOMCATZ - can we install models from your package separately, I'm interested in Su-30?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just typed MiG-29 & 3D in Russian :smartass:

Hope this is what you were looking for, Vekkinho:

attachment.php?attachmentid=6414&d=1150979862

attachment.php?attachmentid=6415&d=1150979890

attachment.php?attachmentid=10384&d=1175860936

Great thread over the Russian forum for 3D models and related: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=16626&highlight=%CC%E8%C3-29+3d

Funnily enough, there are pictures of the "new" Su-25 model dating back to 2006 there, and some MiG-29 and Su-27 screenshots from 06-07 as well.

Whouhouhou- these pics are so hot that my mouse starts burning:notworthy::notworthy:

Au yes- that looks great. Hm.... so they have to work with a lot of LOD`s hardly. Precise modeling still make very acurate and good looking models. I mean that these models looks like real photos - outstanding!

Yes- of course you can isolate the Su-30 fighter. My intention is to release mods wich works like kit`s. So everybody can use seperated parts and don`t have to use the complete packages ever. As same as like "lock4ever".

I`m very glad you like it.

My very best wishes,

TOM

TomFliegerKLEIN.gif

Well- A good way is to extract the ModMan-file manually with "WinZip" or stoff like that. So you will get the different folders just like "shapes" , "TempTextures" and so on.

With ModMan "ModMaker" you can add wished parts up to a new modification. Its very simple course a MODMAN-file is mostly a Zip or RAR -file and easy to handle without MODMAN.

To go sure here you will get the latest version:

http://remixshare.com/download/7mxlx

I fixed some uvv coordinates, added some new textures, added some new 3D models, fixed some shapes and so own and so own ....

My very best wishes,

TOM

All textures should have English names. If there is something in german ask please.

• Like 1

TomFliegerKLEIN.gif

Thanks TOM!

Yes, indeed this MiG-29 is very accurate and I honestly hope we'll see in in DCS as an AI unit or even flyable module!

I'm fine with 3GO Su-27 v1.5, it's an absolute beauty and seems more detailed than ED's Su-27 WIP pics we saw above, I still can't figure out why ED doesn't include 3GO Flanker, Tigrou's Gripen and Beczl's MiG-21 in their next products.

Perhaps ED can explain reasons being that, IMHO these are au pair with models from Precise 3DModeling!!!

Edited by Vekkinho

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

With ModMan "ModMaker" you can add wished parts up to a new modification.

How would I know, what is the complete set of files for, say, Su-33? I mean, 3D model file is quite easy to find, but all the textures etc. is a different story. Also, I guess, some changes have to be made to meinit as well.

For Su33 only? Puh ... okay. You need:

Shapes:

Su-33.lom

F-15_LOD2.lom

Textures:

K-36.bmp

RUS-HELMET.bmp

SOPLA-3.bmp

SU27-WHEELS.bmp

SU27-WHEELS-W.bmp

Su-27_Metall.bmp

Su-27_TOMCATZ_PilotAnzug

Su-27_TOMCATZ_Cockpit01.bmp

Su-27_TOMCATZ_FUELLUNG01.bmp

Su-33_TOMCATZ_RUMPF01.bmp

Su-33_TOMCATZ_Nase01.bmp

Su-33_TOMCATZ_FLUEGEL01.bmp

SU27-WHEELS-W.bmp

Su-27_TOMCATZ_Lufteinlauf3.tga

Su-27_Nummern.tga

Meinit.xlm:

Koordinates for Pylons

My very best wishes,

TOM

TomFliegerKLEIN.gif

Dear John,

yes- I can do it. Please make sure that pylons still have the same coordinates I gave you. Otherwise it won`t be useable for BlackShark and FlamingCliffs- LockOn1.12 only and that would make me worry `cause you did a great job.

Kind regards,

TOM

TomFliegerKLEIN.gif