Logitech G940 Issues

Gonzo01

Is there anyone at ED even testing the Logitech G940, Saitec, CH, or other Hotas systems to determine whether the reported problems are bugs that need addressing by either company. Maybe we can start a thread to discuss ways to work around some of the issues we are seeing so we can get our different Hotas systems working with DCS BS. I have search this forum and seen similar problems with different Hotas systems.

I agree that the Logitech G940 defininitly has its share of issues, but it does not look like Logitech is going to release any patch soon to fix there problems. Because some of these problems exist on different Hotas systems it might be prudent for ED to look into some of these issues before releasing the next module or update so that these isssues don't get passed on to other products. I have to say that the G940 works very well with IL2 but does not work very well with DCS.

Some of the issues I am seeing are listed below:

1. Shkvak uncage using the POV goes into Auto scan mode on first click.

2. Shkval goes off completly in one direction without being able to bring it back.

3. Fire button cannot be properly programmed in the Logitech's profiler due to the delay required in holding down the button. It is either getting confused at times with the release key or the program delay is not properly being reconized by DCS.

4. Single press of the fire button at time fires all rockets from the gun pod.

5. Joystick POV keys cannot be mapped in DCS because they are not reconized key strokes.

6. To much center freedom for the joystick to move around. Force Feedback brings joystick back to new center when re-trimmed, but the center has to much play allowing the stick to flop over in the center around 20%. (also called slop). This makes it very difficult to trim or Auto hover.

There are a lot more if you search the forum. I am not sure where to start, I just wanted to know if either company is working together to try to fix them.

Regards,

Gonzo

So you're not getting blue screen when you use your shift button? At least I am with win 7 64 bit. I would say open a ticket like I did with Logitech. More voices the better. For the force feedback issue, just disable FF in producer.cfg. DCS has always had issues with FF....not just for G940.

I like the FF functionality, I just wish it worked properly. I have not gotten the blue screen yet, but knowing windows give it time. To bad they don't make these sims so they can run on a mac. I reboot my mac once a year, I reboot my PC everyday.

Reboot the PC every day? Clean that thing up - I reboot when I have a power outage. :P

As for the G940, it does have quite a few issues and Logitech has admitted troubles with the drivers. Consider the G940's drivers to be "beta". An issue when it comes specifically to the use of FFB in DCS:BS is that it is only relevant for the trimmer, and in this case it also affects rudder (or well, should). Unfortunately the G940 pedal set isn't FFB. (If it were I'd have probably just decided to live with the driver issues and go for that piece of kit since I will need a replacement stick soon.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I posted in the other G940 thread that Logitech confirmed the blue screen issue with Win 7 64 will be fixed in next driver release. I can't wait since I haven't flown my Ka-50 in while!

I've got an G940 and Win7 64 and I have no driver problems. I'm normally not a real friend of Logitech products (especially because of their software and drivers), but the G940 does not make any problem.

To be able to fly the BlackShark, I had to remove the spring off the pedal unit because I didn't want to buy a fitness trainer. Beside this little modification I deactivated the "hand on stick" sensor with a small tape and found out that the best FF device settings for the stick to me are:

- intensity: 100%

- spring: 60%

- damper: 150%

- activate spring in FF games: no

(change these settings within the settings dialog of the joystick device, they are not available within the game settings)

Try this, maybe it helps you.

Я только понимаю Вокзал.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok...i had blue screen when using shift button + any of the buttons on the throttle with my nvidia card 8800, win 7 64 bit, Intel e6400 duo core, gigabyte mbo. Then i upgraded to new ATI HD 5750 graphic card. Now I still have BSOD using shift button and buttons on my throttle. So i can confirm this problem is not related to graphic card or its drivers.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

I think I read somewhere that some of the designers of X52 weere hired by logitech (but this is somwewhat far fecthed in my memory), wich would explain some of the similarities between both HOTAS and their glitches. My Rtaries go wild whenever I move the throttle to its extremes, just as the my X52 would imput sipkes on the rudder when I move the stick fully forward. However My Ch setup never had any glitches whatsoever, neither did my previous older setups exept pure hardware breakdowns.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

yesterday while I was on my third sortie with 3 kills under my belt on the a mig-29 I expereinced a very bad mechanical failure!

I took off on full military power; flew at 100m going low between the mountains but my mig started to do some weir stuff.

The airplane started to roll the to the right, but I was able to maintain control of it, but after a few seconds the airplane started to oscillate violently to the right then I though hu... this is feels like I lost part of my wing; a quick look to my wings revealed that that was not the case; then I though hydro failure? but there are no warning lights on? and betty is very quiet. Did I hit something that messed up my airplane? then, I remembered that lock on doesn't model flight control failures like a broken actuator. Only then I realized that the culprit was my x-52 :doh: but it was too late for my mig so I let the roll develop and ejected wen the jet was level! saving my vitual pilot life! :megalol: the mig was a total loss but no virtual civilian property was involved.

Edited by mikoyan

• 1 month later...

on your issuses with the 940:

issue no 2 <<< Shkval goes off completly in one direction without being able to bring it back.can be fixed>>>;in the in game profiler the shkval seeker can be programmed to the keyboard keys [.] [/] [;] that move the shkval and not using an axis assigment for the shkval. click on all keyboard commands...hit the [,] key it will take you to the shkval move command, go to beside that command to the throttle and hit add, click the button on the coolie hat that you want to move the shkval should program it and not have the shkval running amok anymore

issue 3;<<< Joystick POV keys cannot be mapped in DCS because they are not reconized key strokes.>>> same fix as above, i don't use logitech profiler at all and disable, use the in game profiler and go to all keyboard commands, hit the keyboard key of the view you want to program, hit add under the joystick column and hit your pov hat in the direction you want, should work.