Lock On Flaming Cliffs, exceeded the number of activations

I am concerned that I will not get a new activation code (exceeded the number of activations) to activate my Flaming Cliffs before Flaming Cliffs 2 is released. I sent an email in to 'team@lockon.ru' but have had no response yet. Does anyone know if my copy of Flaming Cliffs is not activated, can I purchase, install and run Flaming Cliffs 2 or will I have to wait until someone has time to send me a new activation code?

You don't need FC1.1 to install or play FC2. You can install FC2 directly over Lockon 1.02. That's what the announcement said if I'm not mistaken.

edit: oh and about the exceeded activations I remember having read, that they'll give you additional keys if you can explain to them reasonably why you exceeded your 5 activations. But that was a couple of years or so ago, Don't quote me on it. ;)

Edited by Wilde

• ED Team

Hardly. 99% time you just enter your serial and press the automatic verification button and your done.

The guide though provides help to that remaining 1% that may encounter problems and directions on how to deactivate the product if needed.

Yeah it's overloaded, but in reality it's pretty simple and straightforward. The thing is you have many ways of doing things, that loads that pdf I think.

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

I can confirm that activation is a simple procedure. Copy your serial, first time you start a mission, SF window pops up, paste your serial, and thats it.

SF even bothered to localize their protection dialogue, so no problem there :)

I'm selling MiG-21 activation key.

Also selling Suncom F-15E Talon HOTAS with MIDI connectors, several sets.

Contact via PM.

I am concerned that I will not get a new activation code (exceeded the number of activations) to activate my Flaming Cliffs before Flaming Cliffs 2 is released. I sent an email in to 'team@lockon.ru' but have had no response yet. Does anyone know if my copy of Flaming Cliffs is not activated, can I purchase, install and run Flaming Cliffs 2 or will I have to wait until someone has time to send me a new activation code?

Short answer is, you don't need to activate (or even install/possess) Flaming cliffs in order for FC2 to work and activate properly

Hardly. 99% time you just enter your serial and press the automatic verification button and your done.

The guide though provides help to that remaining 1% that may encounter problems and directions on how to deactivate the product if needed.

Thanks, thats good to hear. The manual makes it look over-the-top.

As far as I know, that doesn't matter, FC2.0 updates it anyway. But someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Specs and Hardware:

Win7 x64 Enterprise | i5 3570k OC'ed@4.5Gz | MSI GTX 660 TI OC 2GB | 16GB | Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H | Crucial M4 128GB SSD (OS) | Samsung 830 SSD 256GB (Dedicated to FSX) | Samsung 1TB | Acer 27" Monitor | TrackIR 4 | Logitech DiNovo MX-Laser Desktop | 27" Acer S273HL | Hotas Warthog and Cougar | Cougar MFD | Toshiba portege M205-s810 Tablet-PC for charts, touchbuddy etc. Win7 32 bit [/b]

Yeah considering how big FC2 is I suppose it changes every file except for maybe some minor UBI icon. Still downloading though, so can't tell for sure. OTOH he 1.02 patch was rather small anyways, so no problem if it was needed. ;)

Asking this for a friend who is thinking of buying:

Does FC 2.0 still use Starforce?

Is there a activation limit?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core i7-3960X @4.3Ghz | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Corsair CML16GX3M4A1866C9 4 x 4GB @1866Mhz 9-10-9-27-1T |eVGA GTX Titan Black Hydro Copper SLI | Plextor M5 Pro 512GB SSD | Crucial M4 512GB SSD | Seagate 2TB SSHD | Samsung Spinpoint F1 HD103UJ 1TB | Pioneer BDR-205BK 12x Blu-ray Burner | Creative x-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Sound Card | Corsair A1200 1200W PSU

Cooling - Watercool MO-RA3 420 PRO stainless steel radiator with 9x Noiseblocker NB-BlackSilent Pro PK-2 140mm fans

From the FAQ....... http://lockon.co.uk/index.php?end_pos=1849&scr=default

Q: What will be the activation limits for Flaming Cliffs 2.0?

A: 8 activations and 10 deactivations. Note that just reinstalling the game does NOT use an activation! An activation or deactivation is only used when there is a significant hardware or OS change. Even if the user has exhausted all of their activations and deactivations, more are provided with proof of purchase. If in the unfortunate circumstance Eagle Dynamics were to go out of business, our intent would be to release a final patch to remove copy protection.

Nate