3GO Su-27 v1.5 works in FC2.0

Mustang

Hi!

I have flaming cliffs 2 (1.2.1) and I installed 3GO mod. It is working without any problems but…

In the air my front flaps are working as they should but during takeoff or when the engines are off the front flaps are in neutral position (up). Front flaps during takeoff and after the engines off should drop. Perhaps anyone know solution?

THX

I have noticed the same thing. I asked on other forum, and they told me that this model is not designed with that argument... so there is no way to make it work properly.... :cry:

here is the link to the forum:

http://www.lockonfiles.com/index.php/topic/33302-a10-f15c-su27-extended-version-21-release/page__view__findpost__p__292051

Only 1 detail to be perfect... :doh:

Intel i5 11700F + H80 | 4x4GB 3200mhz RAM | AORUS ELITE B560M | Samsung 850 PRO SSD 256gb| KINGSTON SA400 480GB SSD | WD 500GB | Gigabyte GTX 1070 8GB | Antec 1200 PSU | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and homemade panels and rudder pedals | 24" Samsung T24C550 @60Hz 2ms | Opentrack 3 led clip

• 1 year later...
is there any way to install 3GO su-27 to FC3 ?

Right know, yes you can, but as the original file is .lom format it will look something like 15% bigger, so..... We need that somebody re-format the model to .edm

Intel i5 11700F + H80 | 4x4GB 3200mhz RAM | AORUS ELITE B560M | Samsung 850 PRO SSD 256gb| KINGSTON SA400 480GB SSD | WD 500GB | Gigabyte GTX 1070 8GB | Antec 1200 PSU | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and homemade panels and rudder pedals | 24" Samsung T24C550 @60Hz 2ms | Opentrack 3 led clip

Right know, yes you can, but as the original file is .lom format it will look something like 15% bigger, so..... We need that somebody re-format the model to .edm

Here i am ;) ...coming soon

http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?p=1602443&posted=1#post1602443

• Like 1

Atop the midnight tarmac,

a metal beast awaits.

To be flown below the radar,

to bring the enemy his fate.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist

HungaroJet...looks amazing. Quick question...can u incorporate the panel lines and rivets as normal mapping too? :)

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

HungaroJet...looks amazing. Quick question...can u incorporate the panel lines and rivets as normal mapping too? :)

In cockpit (internal).. or external model ?

Please be more specific...What would your goal ?

a metal beast awaits.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist

external model.... the cockpit model is useless now to work on anyways..it needs to be made from scratch.

I remember combatace told me that getting normal mapping is as easy as taking the rivet layer and panel lines layer of psd template and applying it to the model somehow. I don't know if its that simple. See the DCS A-10 model...notice the panel lines and rivets look great...embedded in the metal and you can see the light interact with it and shine the lines at some angles.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

external model.... the cockpit model is useless now to work on anyways..it needs to be made from scratch.

I remember combatace told me that getting normal mapping is as easy as taking the rivet layer and panel lines layer of psd template and applying it to the model somehow. I don't know if its that simple. See the DCS A-10 model...notice the panel lines and rivets look great...embedded in the metal and you can see the light interact with it and shine the lines at some angles.

Sorry, but i dont know yet...

but what i know A-10A/C (and P-51D and the new F-18C model) use Specular Maps also...maybe you were writing about Spec. Maps feature :unsure:

a metal beast awaits.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

normal mapping?

800px-Normal_map_example.png

I guess I am not too well versed in it. But the point being...if u look at current gen games....if there is a brick wall...generally older generation games have a flat texture...but nowadays...after normal mapping/parallax mapping or displacement mapping..lol...u would see in current games...the wall looks like a wall with each brick appearing raised etc. And if you shine a light on it...shadows would form realistically.

the same thing in DCS. If you try flying the A-10 A or A-10C or even F15, notice closeup on the lines and rivets while you are turning away from the light or in the light...there is a nice displacement to the panel lines and rivets that shines and looks more metallic and real rather than a flat texture of a panel line in Lock on.

New shelter model (ukrytie) from LuckyBob use Bump Maps ...yes for walls...

leastwise original/earlier model used it

and some official ingame walls (around airbases) also use Bump Maps...what i know.

So i dont know what you saw with/*on A-10C model :dunno:

some parts of the model got reflections - (differ from glass parts)

Edited by HungaroJET

a metal beast awaits.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Oh I see now what he saw. Well I checked a lot of texture ZIPs and there's no normal mapping at all. Rivets and lines are part of the specular maps. Check attachement, I cut part of the A-10C specular map to get the idea what's being discussed.

So the question is - will be rivets and lines part of the specular maps, or just drawn lines in diffuse textures?

Oh I see now what he saw. Well I checked a lot of texture ZIPs and there's no normal mapping at all. Rivets and lines are part of the specular maps. Check attachement, I cut part of the A-10C specular map to get the idea what's being discussed.

So the question is - will be rivets and lines part of the specular maps, or just drawn lines in diffuse textures?

Ok firstly i wrote yes: A-10A/C has specular maps but i was unsure, so later i checked new liveries only (no specular maps there) and not the base zip textures, therefore i wrote no specular maps for A-10A/C :doh:

So, yes A-10A/C has specular maps.

Su-27 has not got specular maps (yet) but i will try to after-add some (at least for fuselage, wings, tails) ... no promises...we will see ;) but i will need a good skin artist i guess - who can make specular map textures from original 3GO textures - to hide unnecessary details/paints

Edited by HungaroJET

a metal beast awaits.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SOrry I couldn't explain it properly. :p

but glad to hear that you can try. Atleast if you provide us a placeholder or something..perhaps we can edit it after the model is released and then update it. :p