What is Rep Power??

Can any of the Moderators or Adminstrators explain this Reputation feature in detail?

Well the "Reputation Influence" number is based partially on "Join date" and partially on the post count. In addition it can be raised further(I believe) by other members giving "rep points" - i.e. when a certain number of points has been reached.

There is a conspiracy theory brewing on another forum that the Moderators are adjusting the Rep points so that only "Pro-Lomac" people are getting points and that some people have actually had their points reduced by the Moderators.

There is also a conspiracy theory saying that the F-14 Tomcat is perfectly capable of going into orbit and the only reason why it hasnt been allowed to dock with the international space station, is because Dick Cheeney has shares in the Space Shuttle.

Frankly, as I stated above, this Rep point feature is totally useless and serves no productive purpose on the forum. What was the rationale for enabling this silly feature?

I think the rationale was that it would encourage forum members to be helpful and polite to eachother in order to gain some sort of "distinguished status"... and on the other hand, could be used by moderators as a means of "soft punishment" in case a member behaves in an inpolite manor.

Anyway, its not my "cup of tea" :)

I've noticed that some of the Mods and Administrators have the Rep feature turned off. How does a user disable this feature? I'd like mine to be disabled, please.

Try: "User CP" > "Edit Options" > "Show My Reputation Level" - then remove the check mark in front of it.

- JJ.

• Like 1

JJ

Alfa,

Thanks for the information. I am unable to find anything relating to the rep points when I click on User CP and Edit Options. Perhaps this is only available to Moderators or Administrators? Either that or I am looking in the wrong place.

Cheers,

Carl

Guest ruggbutt

I'm seeing how this works now. I was gonna give Stormin' another rep bump, but it said I needed to gain more rep before I spread it around.

Looks like I gave ya my last beer Stormin'. :D

I'm seeing how this works now. I was gonna give Stormin' another rep bump, but it said I needed to gain more rep before I spread it around.

Looks like I gave ya my last beer Stormin'. :D

I returned the favor. :icon_jook After all, we're just conspiring fanbois, aren't we? :icon_roll

• Like 1

Guest ruggbutt

Technically by me giving you my rep points you took them away from thus lowering my rep. At least according to some sources.................the conspiracy is alive!!!

Guest ruggbutt

I gave some to Buzz, but I can't give Stormin' any more. I smell conspiracy of the highest order.

I gave some to Buzz, but I can't give Stormin' any more. I smell conspiracy of the highest order.

there is a limitation on how much you can spend points on one person, in order to prevent continuously rising or lowering someones reputation.

you should adjust reputation of other before changing Stormin's reputaion again.

"There are five dangerous faults which may affect a general: recklessness, which leads to destruction; cowardice, which leads to capture; a hasty temper, which can be provoked by insults; a delicacy of honor which is sensitive to shame; over-solicitude for his men, which exposes him to worry and trouble." Sun Tzu

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic2354_5.gif[/sigpic]

I think the only measures that count are:

# of posts, when joined, and whether you're a moderator, beta-tester or on the Dev team.

The rest, like a ranking system (jedi or padawan or commander or ensign or sgt.) just messes things about. Especially when the board has errors.

ZoomBoy

My Flight Sims Page

- Link to My Blog - Sims and Things - DCS Stuff++

- Up-to-Speed Guides to the old Lockon A10A and Su-25T

- Some missions [needs update]

Alfa,

Thanks for the information. I am unable to find anything relating to the rep points when I click on User CP and Edit Options. Perhaps this is only available to Moderators or Administrators? Either that or I am looking in the wrong place.

Cheers,

Carl

Hmm - it seems that only moderators see this option in their profile.

Check you PM please :)

- JJ.

JJ

I think the only measures that count are:

# of posts, when joined, and whether you're a moderator, beta-tester or on the Dev team.

There is no difference in regards to "Reputation level" whether you are a beta tester, moderator or on the dev team :) .

What determines the level is "joined date", number of posts and then the number of points you recieve from other members.

- JJ.

JJ