Training Videos

Thank you. Yeah, I know where they are on YouTube.. but once again, I can't find them all. Am I missing something or are some missing?

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

• 3 weeks later...

I liked the idea of downloading the training videos seperately but am I right in thinking that you are unable to escape and take control? I'm assuming so even though access is via the game menus. If that is the case can we erase the voice over saying " at any time if you want to etc. etc."? Or is it my another fault on my computer that escape takes me straight back to the traing missions menu?

Its my understanding the decision was made to release them to video at the last minute due to changes in the code at release. Otherwise the tracks would have been broken anyways.

Unfortunately it wasn't possible to redo the videos otherwise release would have been delayed.

...Think that is correct - so yeah you can't take control... Just sit back and watch.... At least you can rewind or fast forward 'track' - better in my opinion.

We're sorry that some users do not like this but it will not be changed.

Thats what I Like about WAGS. No B.S. No sugar coating. Just good, honest, blunt, truth.

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I like watching them on my iphone while I'm supposed to be listening to my wife.

HA HA HA your my new HERO

Edited by ZQuickSilverZ
  • Like 1

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I liked the idea of downloading the training videos seperately but am I right in thinking that you are unable to escape and take control? I'm assuming so even though access is via the game menus. If that is the case can we erase the voice over saying " at any time if you want to etc. etc."? Or is it my another fault on my computer that escape takes me straight back to the traing missions menu?

Hi,

You are correct in that you cannot "press escape and take control" , as you are whatching a video, rather than an ingame track with the engine running.

The video includes all of the text from the original track, which includes the part that says "you can press escape at any time to take conrol" , however, you must ignore this as it is no longer possible.

For what its worth I think the videos are better. Able to rewind / fast forward and then at least they still work with future patches.

Shame the res is on the low side but I understand the constraints.

Hopefully leading edge can produce some decent training to fill in any gaps left from the official tracks.

Here is an idea that should please everybody if implemented by ED.

With the mission editor we have the ability to create a mission that will run a video file before the mission starts. So ...... Have a training mission with wags videos at the start and then dump the player into the cockpit of the very same mission.

Sort of "This is how you do it, we'll start again and now you try.........."

That way the biggest criticism of the videos, not being able to take control, is fixed.

Nate

Edited by Nate--IRL--