Website not updating?

-Delete your Temporary Internet files (through options\general)

-In "Options\general\Temp Internet files\Settings " select "Every visit to the page"

-Best to restart the browser before trying to load the page

-Use Firefox instead

Make sure you dont't start from the shortcut, type the link manually.

I hope this helps.

Skywall23, start IE and go to Options->Temporary Internet Files->Settings and set "check for new versions of stored pages"-> Automatic.

"There are five dangerous faults which may affect a general: recklessness, which leads to destruction; cowardice, which leads to capture; a hasty temper, which can be provoked by insults; a delicacy of honor which is sensitive to shame; over-solicitude for his men, which exposes him to worry and trouble." Sun Tzu

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic2354_5.gif[/sigpic]

Hi,

Im having a weird problem. My lock on website doesnt update.

I have browsed the website on other computers, and you can see the annoncement about the CD of Flaming Cliffs and it is stated that the game has been released.

If you are using Internet Explorer, press and hold the SHIFT key while you click the "Page Reload" button on the Navigation Bar. This forces the site to refresh from the website rather than from your cache.

Rich

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Skywall23, start IE and go to Options->Temporary Internet Files->Settings and set "check for new versions of stored pages"-> Automatic.

Automatic is default so I presume he is having it selected already. Changing this to "Every visit to the page" will force IE to check for the new version of the page on every click. I found automatic not to be so "automatic".

The most of this kind of problems are sorted by clearing the cache.

Automatic is default so I presume he is having it selected already. Changing this to "Every visit to the page" will force IE to check for the new version of the page on every click. I found automatic not to be so "automatic".

The most of this kind of problems are sorted by clearing the cache.

"Every visit to the page" cause many unnecessarily HTTP requests of "if-modifyed-since" type. "Automatic" is kind of "smart" method - if IE see "no cache" on page or HTTP answer, then it mark page for downloading it every visit, otherwise it store page unmodified for some time and then check it again. This is quite usefull in case of browsing forums, since forums have both static images\scripts and dynamic pages.

"There are five dangerous faults which may affect a general: recklessness, which leads to destruction; cowardice, which leads to capture; a hasty temper, which can be provoked by insults; a delicacy of honor which is sensitive to shame; over-solicitude for his men, which exposes him to worry and trouble." Sun Tzu

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic2354_5.gif[/sigpic]